Royal Britannia Summoner's Sprints! [THIS SUNDAY, TODAY!]

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Vlar, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

The Royal Britannia Summoner's Sprints

Brought to you by the Village of Paws and the Citizens of Stormhold
    Friday, August 29th at 9:00 PM EST
    The Summoner's Sprints will be held this Friday at the Royal Britannia Race Track located in the fields of the Crimson Plains east of Britain.

Two man teams consisting of a summoner and a sprinter will compete to see which team's sprinter will cross the finish line first.

Registration will begin at 8:00 PM EST (one hour before event) and will continue until the the last qualifying race. Summoner's (casters) should bring plenty of blood moss and garlic as your role will be to block the other casters' runners with a summoned stone wall or dispel one for your runner.

[​IMG]
    The Rules:
    • Each Summoner's Sprint will consist of as many as 6 competing teams running a 10 lap course.
    • Teams will enter the track un-mounted.
    • At the beginning of each race sprinters will report to the starting line, west of the glowing runes.
    • Summoner's will enter the infield where they will stay for the duration of the race.
    • Each team will wait for the official starting wall to drop before running or casting.
    • Summoners (casters) will be limited to casting wall of stone, agility or dispel field.
    • Sprinters may use refresh potions and or food.
    • No footstools or other blocking items will be permitted in any race.
    • Multiple qualifying races will be run based on the amount of racers present.
    • Participants may compete in multiple qualifying heats with preference given to racers that have yet to qualify.
    • Participants may freely change positions (runner, caster) during qualifying heats.
    • To qualify participants must place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their respective position.
    • During qualifications each sprinter will notify the official with the name of their summoner.
    • At the end of qualifications each team must register the names of the qualified sprinter and summoner with the official.
    • Depending on the amount of racers we may run two or three semi-final races.
    • Placement in the semi-finals will be based on qualifying performance.
    • The top teams from each semi-final will advance to the finals.
    • All rules are subject to change at the official's whim.
    • First place will be awarded a trophy.
    • Second place will be awarded a trophy.
    • Third place will be awarded and a trophy.
    Here are some videos from the last time we did this!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    Miller-, Zyler and Wise like this.
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Here are some videos from the last time we did this!

Wise likes this.
  3. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

I will be here! I will enjoy every second just as I have every other race so far! I suggest you! *points at the reader* also find your way there for the EPICNESS that will surely transpire!
    Jupiter and Vlar like this.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Since this would overlap with the rain date I had set for my sew-n-sprint event at the towers and this being an officially sanctioned PAWS/Stormhold event I will postpone my event until the 6th instead out of respect. It would give me more time to gussy up the towers anyhow. That, and the sprints are fun, I totally want to be there!
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Thanks Ning! We'll do better to read up on the posts as well.

Sadly I can't make the sprints tonight, so I hope you run a good race!
  6. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Oh it is no problem at all and the fault completely mine. It has been a big week around here with work and some big forward progress on my kitchen remodel and I have been lax in my duties to advertise. The extra prep time is actually kinda appreciated and will benefit the event I think.

I will have to secure a partner and I am a fairly poor runner...ask anyone I have ever tried to chase down or get away from in pvp....but I will do my best to bring honor to the Village of Paws, dear wizard.
    Vlar likes this.
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

'ey Sorry Ning! I should have double-checked that nothing else was going on!
  8. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

The few beers I had before going into it probably helped but this was a lot of fun, hah! Thanks Vlar for setting this up!
  9. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Will this be happening this Sunday April 6 as well?

I had an idea for an event I was going to try to run that evening, but don't want to conflict with this.
  10. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Actually I take it back, even if this event happens next week, I can run mine right afterwards (say, 9pm EST).
  11. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Aye -- we'll be doing this same place, same time next week.
    Aeritas likes this.