RRG Unearths Origin Of Brymstone, A Ghoslty Gollem Like Creature Haunting RRG Threads

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Curly Sue, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

RRG intelligence believes they have unearthed the origin of the recent onslaught of hauntings in and around the Salty Dog Tavern. As of late, a spirit by the name of Brymstone has been sighted scratching barely legible excerpts below posted documents on the tavern wall. Some believed that the source of these markings must have been from someone with great anger towards the righteous tax collection agency. Mostly due to the creatures willingness to disregard logic in pursuit of pure anger driven redemption to events passed.

Because of this, RRG scoured the guild history scrolls in search of an answer. At this time, all clues as of now seem to point to a recent event in RRG history. A brave young man by the name of Sir Victor Gallows had recently been involved in an anti RRG propaganda ring. Tacking defiant scrolls below RRG informative posts.

"I have nothing to lose or gain by pointing out that these individuals are simply trying to gain some sense of misplaced praise for their PK activity by posting kills in the Salty Dog under a thinly veiled RP context.
    I don't see the point, no one cares who they kill or how many, I know of a PK who kills solo, doesn't loot, and takes only heads and actually has a RP back story as to why he does it, but you never see it posted in the forums. The reason being is that no one really cares to hear about who one PK's or why.
    Just do what you you do and if you're PKing for attention or notoriety then go after some high profile targets and when you kill someone of merit then post it in trash talk.
    It's contrived and no one really wants to see it, simply because it's a desperate attempt at attention seeking.
    If they're out to PK, good, wonderful, glad to see it, hope they have fun, but spare us the annoying "tax collection" stories, unless you actually get someone like Jupiter or The Watch to write your tales of PK activity, at least then it would be somewhat palatable."

This angered the RRG and so they set out to put an end to the slanderous tactician. Time went by but eventually RRG patrols caught up with Mr. Gallows and the perpetrator met is end quickly by the hands of Scully and Curly Sue.

[​IMG]

RRG intelligence believes that this foul creature is what once was Victor Gallows and has returned from the dead to forever haunt the Salty Dog Tavern and all future RRG posts. The only explanation for the name of such creature would be the presence of a sulfery smell when the ghost is about. The smell is believed to be omitting forever from the ghosts pants... Where the young, vibrant, Mr. Gallows had shit himself on that fateful day when he was beheaded.

Citizens are advised to keep in mind the severity of what can happen when attempting to defy RRG tax collectors. This unfortunate soul has an eternity of scrunchy nosed (bas smell) faces to look upon while pondering the decisions he made while alive to drastically threaten his mortality.

Good luck citizens. It is unfortunate that we all must now carry nosegay's when visiting this establishment. On a positive note, East Britain Nosegay Co. stock is skyrocketing.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    CapnCrunch, newme and Geo like this.
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think a bag full of rice just dropped somewhere in the forgotten lands...
    newme likes this.
  3. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Nice attempt at detective work, you are unfortunately still trying to obfuscate the fact that you prey on newbies in the "young" dungeon of this shard which by the way does contribute to people having a negative view of this server as I have spoken with quite a few people in regards to how their experience here is .

The fact another person shares the same opinion doesn't necessarily mean they are the "same" person. Could it be rather that not everyone thinks of your "RPing" style as entertaining but merely an attention seeking ploy.

The fact that you would even put the effort into searching out and PKing someone who disagrees with your playstyle is a true testament to your maturity, which was in question by virtue of the fact that you run from every fair fight that presents itself to you, case being you outnumbered a group of SL's but wouldn't dare PK them. No, you would rather troll the newbie dungeon like a bunch of newbs yourselves. Then post your "achievements" as some sad attempt at RPing.

So congratulations, you've proven nothing, and at the same time have initiated another post in which someone can bring attention to your sad style of PKing as evidenced by numerous new players to this server who have been dry looted, and had their mounts killed while trying to gain a little gold in the Occlo dungeon without so much as an offer to rez. I'm sure your "friends" will no doubt chime in as to how this kind of play is warranted but most people now know who you guys are and what you do is simply sad and bad for this server overall. Just an opinion but as I've pointed out it's one that is shared by quite a few who play here.
  4. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

What is that? That smell is back !
  5. Curly Sue

SWEET FANCY MOSES THAT SMELL!!

[​IMG]
    The Musician and Jupiter like this.
  6. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

Forget to log back into your curly sue account?
    Brymstone likes this.
  7. Curly Sue

Nah, Steely Dan is a different member of the team. I'm just Curly. No control over Steely.
  8. Brymstone

Nice LOL!!
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong in kicking non-youngs out of the ocllo dungeon.
  10. Daros

Daros New Member

Greetings to thee, Brymstone, aka Victor Gallows...

We have received your complaints and/or concerns, and rest assured, no one cares so much about their customers as the RRG. We here at the RRG value your input. However, we regret to inform you that no amount of wailing, gnashing of teeth, crocodile tears, begging, pleading, et cetera will exempt you and/or give you an extension on paying your back taxes to the RRG, plus interest and fees. Posting numerous bills decrying our laws or collection practices on the door of the Salty Dog Tavern like some deranged lunatic who rants about how the end of the world is nigh will not deter us in our quest to collect taxes from you and others who refuse to pay. Because of your non-payment, we've had to pay the cleaning lady overtime cleaning up this nonsense. We don't even understand her, except for saying something about needing more lemon pledge. But I digress...

Per RRG law, section C paragraph five, the Occlo dungeon falls under RRG jurisdiction, as do the roads, mines, dungeons and so on. This was done to protect the innocence of young players from older players who wish to prey on them, or offer them candy or vanq weapons in hopes they'll lure them back to their abodes. There will be no older players in that dungeon without a proper RRG permit and thorough background check. Maybe that kind of sordid behavior would be allowed in the far reaches of Kreblakistan, but not here in Britannia!

Furthermore, you admitted to being a tax cheat and therefore you owe us back taxes plus fees. Because of your greed and non-payment, we have been unable to donate money to the Britannian Orphanage and Center for At Risk Children, therefore it will not be constructed on time. Now, we've got to tell little Timmy that it's back to the gutter begging for coins for him. Who knows what will happen now? Little Timmy might grow up on the wrong side of the law and become a pickpocket, and a prospective member of 5D. How would you like that on your conscience?

In closing, we here at the RRG urge you to pay your taxes, and concern yourself not with interfering in official RRG business. Remember, the only thing certain in life is death, and taxes.

Irwin-R-Schyster.jpg

Warmest Regards,

Daros
    RRG Complaint Department
    A Division of the RRG Bureau of Land Management
  11. Swizzlesticks

Swizzlesticks Active Member

I know a lot of people give RRG grief for their posts and stuff but I gotta admit, I enjoy reading them and always get a good laugh. I'm not laughing at the folks losing their loot but I enjoy the whole RRG story of tax collecting, etc. Any chance the RRG guys would want to have a Q&A session to get some background on you guys?
    Ragnarok and Erza Scarlet like this.
  12. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

They're doing the lord's work ;)
  13. Curly Sue

Feel free to PM me your questions Swizzle. The RRG has always felt that well informed citizens make better decisions come tax collection time.
  14. Brymstone

As I said your friends will come to your aid to defend your .........whatever it is you want to call it. The fact still remains that you have killed new characters in Occlo dungeon, dry looted them, killed their mounts and left them without offering a rez. This has happened on more than one occasion and in my opinion defeats the purpose for which it was made. You may have killed a few older players in the dungeon as well but your reasons for doing so were not to "protect" the younger player base from the predations of older players. Deny this if you wish but I have spoken with a few of the younger players themselves and it has left a negative impression with them in fact I haven't seen them in the online player list in quite awhile.

I've seen this kind of play before in the 17+ years I've played this game and regardless of how it gets substantiated it's always a sad showing for a "group" of vet players with more money than they need and loaded out with l33t pimp gear who want the thrill of PKing without subjecting themselves to any risk or engaging in real fights.

PKing is a part of UO but when you're dealing with a smaller community sometimes a classy approach is needed, many others have changed their style of PKing to their credit. I don't expect anyone to play a certain way but when I see people attention seeking with their PKing I just have to ask why they simply don't engage in factions where they can get a little more credit for their PvP activity. The answer I suppose is self-evident, they lack the courage and the skill to do so without getting a beat -down, thus they troll known newbie dungeons and mining locations looking for helpless prey.
  15. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the fact that they spend a lot of time scouting golem mines for defenseless crafting characters. I also have no issues with pking, but at least don't run from a real fight and then act like you are capable of imposing taxes on people. Get good and go kill some fat cats, leave the newbies alone.
  16. Brymstone

^^

Kane you've managed to sum it all up there, my point exactly.
    Kane likes this.
  17. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

Man you guys would really love to see the RRG go down.

Let's give everyone a little background info on why Kane and brymstone really hate the RRG.

Kane was executed for illegal mining without a permit. A dank nugget was called in after the execution but he too almost lost his life. Boy does that axe hit hard.

Brymstone or aka victor gallows was execute for illegal poaching of the nearly extinct beautiful arctic ogre lords. He died instantaneously. After seeing how effective the RRG were at killing he tried his hand at Pking and made the dexxer pk the horseman. How's that going? Losing your life because you need to rez the guy you just murdered ? Brilliant

So let's not try to twist things around and say the RRG are bad for the server, they kill people in dungeons, people can't move forward after losing their pony and getting dry looted, people are quiting, they should fight "fair". The real reason you post all this junk is because you are both sour grapes.

The RRG are bad dudes, we are a gang and on top of that we are now role playing. After each big event My best pal curly Sue writes the tale to share with all of you, which 90% of the community loves. The RRG created something new to this server and boy is it magical. I love this community and I know for a fact if any of the 4 of us were doing anything to hurt this server we would stop. But the bottom line is sour grapes.

My apologies to Basoosh because his story today should be getting all the attention. Not this. Awesome job, loved reading it.
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  18. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Lol I don't harbor resentment for the only run in you've lived through, or maybe you've forgotten what happens when you run into SL...?
  19. Brymstone

I'm sure they haven't forgotten. They know SL's are tax exempt since it's kind of difficult collecting taxes from them when RRG is running in the opposite direction.
  20. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Infact i love it that the RRG takes theyr own deaths quite seriously.

Ive managed to score a kill a while back (i think it was during the cupid event) on Scully (at this time there were 2 chars named Scully)

On top of the characters dropping extremely valuable stuff, they also made the effort to spend 100k Gold and renamed Scully into Tyronne.
    Tyronne got killed too (i think it was a 5d member, but not sure about it) - and is now known as Hussy Bear, but you still can watch his body parts locked down in the public Fortress of Stormhold - after they got returned to us of course ;)

Show me one group of PKs who will:
    - run around with gear worth 200k
    - Statloss
    - pays another 100k per death for a rename deed

Infact not a single one of you speaking guys would risk a field fight under these circumstances.
    A single kill is worth a lot though and should rather motivate you to give them a challenge instead of forum bashing them ;)

I also got a lot of feedback from other guys, as well as young players, who loves to read theyr storys on the forums.

So i come to my propably most controversal point: the killings in Occlo.
    Whereas i didnt welcome the killings that once happened in the Provocation hut, i think killing people in the young player dungeon isnt such a big deal as you may think.

Young players in Occlo who enjoy theyr (young) status cannt be killed anyways, which only leaves
    - people who refuse to play as (young)
    - people who came back to occlo and didnt claim (young) back
    - people who want to farm or mine there - for whatever reason
    - people who want to party with (young) friends perhaps

I cant imagine other types of people who would seriously hang around in the Occlo dungeons, and killing those wouldnt be either a major setback for said players nor cause them to quit (it wouldnt be a reason for me at least, but opinions vary ofc)

Getting pked in dungeons just happens... happens to me, happens to you who reads this and literally everyone else.
    I even got pked in the young player dungeon by a fellow Guildmate of yours called Liberation during the Christmas events @Kane i did not complain even once about it.

I could continue this for quite a while, but i think this post is long enaugh already.
    Felt the need to give the RRG guys a few good words too, since they seemingly put a lot of effort into theyr work.
    (I still hate to see your red names appear on my screen though, curse you for the latest kill :p)

love, El
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Pontifex, Curly Sue, Daros and 5 others like this.