runebook adv features

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Labeler, Apr 20, 2020.

runebook features request

Poll closed Apr 20, 2021.
  1. add gate scrolls to a runebook ?

60.0%
  2. add mark gump to mark a rune from within the book (name unchanged)

56.0%
  3. gate and recall buttons at the main overview page

72.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

i believe it hasnt been discussed before. if so, i apologize.

1: wouldnt it be cool to have the following features added to our runebooks?
    - not only recall charges but also gate charges? if a book would have 8 charges it could either hold 8 recalls + 8 gates or recall & gates for sum of 8 charges.
    - today we have recall & gate gumps on the books: how about we make (redesign) these 2 gumps smaller and add "MARK". This so it would work exactly as it sais, you owuld remark the rune in that slot of the book without taking it out of it (naming would remain untouched) >> this would result in an easier way to change 1 rune, without touching the order, the naming ect.

upload_2020-4-20_17-28-29.png

2: on the main pages of book : u have a "recall" button but it would also need a "gate" button (if the charges above allow)

upload_2020-4-20_17-35-34.png

3: have runes in the book sit static. if you remove rune #3, all the remaining runes will remain in their position instead of moving up. it would be a "free" slot in the middle of the book. (added 10/28/2020)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  2. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

All great ideas. Would make things a whole lot more streamlined.
    Andrakus and One like this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  4. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

First of all, what madman uses a gate scroll to recall?

Secondly, there are many uses for this that arent tamer specific. This would make it more efficient for thieves to make a quick getaway. It would also apply to the resource gatherer dragging pack horses around. Or even simply moving large stacks of resources/bags with heavy weight.

You have been drinking too much of the anti-tamer koolaid.
    RunawaySky likes this.
  5. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    NCCML likes this.
  6. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

How about making different recall flags in the runebook draggable like spells are.
    Jill Stihl, Earsnot and One like this.
  7. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Take my money.
    Arkhan, medas and One like this.
  8. Jessica

Jessica Active Member

COFFF COFF *gardening* COFF COF COF..ACCH....COFF....

Sorry, just some cough....
    PaddyOBrien, Arkhan, Chafe and 3 others like this.
  9. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

I like the idea of getting rezz'd and being able to take your pets with you from your blessed runebook that holds gate scrolls..... I feel trammy even saying that *coughs*
    Crisco-Pjoe likes this.
  10. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

new thought !

3: have runes in the book sit static. if you remove rune #3, all the remaining runes will remain in their position instead of moving up. it would be a "free" slot in the middle of the book. (added 10/28/2020)
    Xavant_BR, Eru and NCCML like this.
  11. Frud

Frud New Member

So I am new here and just learned after getting pk'd yesterday that runebooks are not newbied. I'm racking my brain to come up with reasons that this is a good idea. Can anyone please share the reasons they wouldn't be newbied? All it seems to do is make me have to recall to a bank/house in between each time I go somewhere which doesn't seem to improve gameplay in any way, just a major annoyance.
  12. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

Runebook bless deeds are part of the platinum program, the idea is that a blessed runebook is something you acquire through hustle, blood and guts because this is felluca.

It is an annoyance at first but there are ways to circumnavigate it initially to lessen the annoyance.
    - Buy a 100 blank runes, put them in your bank box, find a really quiet spot in a quiet town bank and mark a rune there. - Record a macro casting recall and targeting that rune - throw a pause in there, then say bank @ double click your runebook.
    - Now, with one button, you’ve recalled to safety and your runebook is open.
    - You can add in a macro that does the first part, then recalls straight to your house for a (slightly long winded) “home” macro.

- Don’t know if it still works but you can also open your runebook from your bank, drag it off screen, and leave it open and use it once before it closes.
  13. Rune Desauv

Rune Desauv New Member

hi what i do is that i keep the runebook in my bank, and then only have a single rune to the bank i my backpack.

That way u do not lose the runebook :)