Scaleback System for Vendors

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Freakzilla, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Is there a minimum price vendors will offer for an item, or will the price offering go down to 1g? I noticed while selling items in the Glow Mage Shop, that the sellback price was 1g for a 7th level scroll. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or or working as intended.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

After the vendors inventory of an item reaches a certain level the vendor will begin to reduce the amount he pays for each item by approximately 1 gold (this varies). Each sale after this will continue to reduce the price the vendor pays. Once the vendors inventory refreshes the price that the vendor pays for items will reset as his inventory is returned to normal.

I checked the vendors in moonglow as of this posting and was able to verify that i could sell 30 scrolls for full value before they decrease the amount they paid by 1 gold for each additional sale.

So for the vendor to reach a 1 gold per scroll purchase price someone, probably using a macro and not paying attention, sold 30 scrolls, and then an additional 29 sales of flamestrike scrolls to decrease the price to 1 gold.
  3. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

While selling back cloaks I noticed that the price dropped from 140 for 5 to 139 for 5 and not 135.
  4. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

Now how am I supposed to get my Fortress before the first land rush?!?!?!