Scavenger Hunt Interest?

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Shosara, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Hey all,

I am new on the Server and certainly do not have the resources for some big Event (right now) but i do have the Idea
    floating around in my head of something that might be fun and easy for even me to do, because i would love to contribute
    to this amazing Server/Community ;)

I am thinking of using a character of mine as bait, give him NOTHING despite a backpack full of valuables (Straight up money
    or maybe other stuff) in the 10-20k Gold-range (maybe more in the future as i have more to spare) and, at random times, announce
    to the IRC where in the world he's standing (or maybe hiding).

I am thinking this might be a nice little race between pkers and "normal" folks to see who can claim it. I'd try to grey him if possible so that no-one
    has to fear any murder counts, but i would also guarantee that i am not giving counts to anyone (no matter if red or blue) killing him, since that's not the point of the game.

I just wanted to toss this idea out there and see if there is even the slightest interest for this ;-) Obviously i am hoping for lots of folks dashing to the place and fighting over the
    loot, but if it's only one person showing up i might as well just hand the money over near brit bank haha ;)

So, any insight is appreciated!

Cheers!
    Lord Krake and Airin like this.
  2. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting! Is the goal to steal the items/or to kill and loot? We do have scavenger hunts here, one is official shard one, and then private ones.

Will you say the location, or also provide some clues?

And btw, I think sometimes people donate a few items for the prizes.
    Shosara likes this.
  3. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

I mean i guess both works, i have not yet zeroed in that much on the rules, i had imagined that it would most likely work out to be kill based, but if there is a thief around who manages to steal it from me before someone else kills me, that works too :D

When it comes to the clues, i think it depends on how many people take part. I was thinking about announcing the upcoming scavenger hunt 30, 10 and 2 minutes before it starts so that everyone can prepare for it if they want to do it. Also, that way i am hoping more people will take part as well. I guess the clues would be something in the spirit of RP, describing the location and nearby "sights". if too much time passes without me being found, i can always be more specific.

I guess scavenger hunt is not the right word because that would mean more than one stop and clues, but i want this to be a fun "minigame" that does not need any forum communication beforehand and can just be announced in IRC 30minutes before. I also dont want this to be always at a set date, cause i am afraid i might not always be able to make it, but instead embrace it happening "randomly" as i have time.

Should take maybe 5-15 minutes MAXIMUM. Just a dash to the place by everyone and then a brawl over who gets to loot it ;)
  4. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Ok, I think it will be fun! Would be nice to see all those PKs and PvP players fighting eachother over who gets to be the one to kill you :D
  5. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Scavenger hunts seems to be quite popular.
  6. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I also this think would be a good idea, and have some thoughts to possibly improve it.

1. Have the character battle ready! Dont just let someone show up and hit you a few times and take your loot. Force them to fight you, and if you are loosing, RUN. Force them to chase you down! Foot (horse) chases in the wild can be crazy.

2. Have your pack full of loot. Like, 125 items full. Some of it worthless, some really nice, so that if there are multiple people engaged, they have to pick and chose what they want while, possibly, others are still attacking them. Have some stuff inside locked boxes as well and trapped pouches.

3. Gold checks and plat coins will increase the interest in this event.

4. Consider having your character on a boat with the planks unlocked some times.

5. Chuck Testa.
    Airin and Shosara like this.
  7. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Awesome, thanks for all the great ideas! I will get some preparations going then any maybe i can get the first scavenger hunt underway as soon as monday! Excited to see what the turnout is!