Screen Resolution & Black fog?

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Nightikus, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Nightikus

Nightikus New Member

Hi guys... New to the game... I am using Razor to force my screen window larger... and this "black" fog happens randomly... sometimes at the edges, sometimes in the center... any idea why I am getting this?

Also - is it possible to increase the size of everything (at my monitors standard resolution, some items are so small they are super hard to click (IE a dagger) -

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. WhiteZero

WhiteZero New Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You've got your game window set to, what, 1400x900?

As far as I know, this is a known issue with the standard UO client with a game window anywhere over around 1000x1000.

And the standard UO client doesn't have scaling either, this is why I play at a lower screen resolution so I can actually see and click tiny things.
    Meradin likes this.
  3. Caska VS Trees

Caska VS Trees Well-Known Member

yeah at a certain res this is inevitable. I have a few chars set to 1000x630 or so and sometimes I have to run through that black schmutz too.

there ARE mods that make things like gems, black pearl, etc, bigger though.
  4. WhiteZero

WhiteZero New Member

O rly? Any idea where I could find those?
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

look to the horizon as you "search" for "burningsheep".
    WhiteZero likes this.
  6. WhiteZero

WhiteZero New Member

Ferris Bueller, you're my hero
    Caska VS Trees and wylwrk like this.
  7. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

The black artifacts that show up in the game window like that are due to the particular version range that UOR uses.
    Test a new client version. Just something you have to live with unless you want to put in the extra effort of modifying the newer client files to match the older ones. (map, art, statics, etc)
    It's something about the way the older clients BitBlt draws the game.

Yes & No... You can increase your DPI whilst keeping the same resolution. :confused:
    But that will make -everything bigger.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  8. Kingston

Kingston Member

so no fix for this
  9. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

No fix for this... currently.

But that hardly means it's impossible.

I remember seeing something fairly recently about someone creating their own client, and it having the exact feature you're looking for... among others... *scrubs brain* ... here it is:

There was also recently a thread on the Unity forum of a few guys, looking for help, in developing their own custom Ultima Online client in Unity. (Not sure if the 2 are at all related)

Being a new client it's almost a sure thing it won't work with any of the current macroing programs too, so while you're at it you're going to have to create us a new version of Razor....I guess while you might as well just include all the features in the client.

RunUO (the emulation software) may even require some modification to allow connections from said client.

In short: Looking for a fix? Do it yourself. (and then share it with all of us)

I'd be willing to help, but I'm a bit strapped for time with my latest job.

Anyone else interested? We should just make it open source.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Lightshade likes this.
  10. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I think they're coding that client to work with current UO servers, but I may be wrong. It looks promising, though.
    Mindless likes this.
  11. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I like to think that it wouldn't even be 'as hard' / 'as time consuming' as the every day Joe might believe... for anyone that's really into it and really knows what they're doing.

Krioss' client was pretty impressive depending how you look at it. Albeit, id prefer my client have more of an upgraded classic feel.

It's really a matter of finding someone with the know how AND the passion for the project.

I won't claim to be an expert on something like this, I spend so much time with Javascript (for work) that it's hard for me to even be into writing code for fun any more ... but I do know C# quite well too....

But my interest in coding in my free time is definitely higher than its been in a long time (I recently had the epiphany I should try to create my own digital audio effects... so, I did... just what I need; another rabbit hole)

I'm rambling, but my main point is if anyone else with some know how is really interested in making something like this happen... open source... lets talk. I'll do some research and maybe even get around to getting a repository started, depending what I find.

Now that i think about it .... Maybe I'd be best off getting in touch with the guys doing that Orion client.
    M3THMOUTH likes this.