Seeking player Quest Houses

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Keza, May 10, 2016.

1. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Hello my fellow UOR players! I am planning out a line of quests that will be epic fun for everyone.

What I need from you all is some well decorated player houses to use in these upcoming quests. Some requirements im looking for in the houses:
    • Large enough for a group of 10+ players to explore it. Forts and keeps are best, but I know of some nice bridged compounds out there.
    • Mostly areas open, 1 or 2 locked rooms shouldn't be a problem.
    • A well done deco job! This is key as I will select different house styles & themes to suit the specific quests I tailor.
    Please message me if you control the rights & access to such a location.

This quest line will follow a similar format to the recent "Harvest" quests that Krake put on (links below). If your house has what it takes, it may be featured in the upcoming quests!

AlexCCCP, Zyler and Canis like this.
  2. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Hi. I have a Two Story L house that might work. I don't live in it, it's a guest house, but fully decorated. Not sure if big enough for what you want. It is in Wispfelt village behind the two story Villa.

Westra
  3. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Too bad i don't have the arena keep anymore lol.

Anyone that donates space, i'll be happy to contribute my deco skills to help contribute.
    Keza and newme like this.
  4. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Keza, if I had more lockdowns, you would be most welcome to use the Trammel Library ... as it stands, though, I need a LOT of plat to get anywhere near secure status for a quest :( Sounds a bit risky ... what guarantee that people won't mark runes in our courtyards? ... ulp!!
  5. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

Just disable the cy for the extent of the event.
  6. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

I didn't know you could do that ... you mean lock the doors? That can't be it, otherwise they'd never be able to get inside ... ah, is it possible to have a special gate into the house? I still have that problem of locking down all the spells/scrolls and shelves in the library ... drat ... it would be great fun to have people doing a quest amidst all the clutter! Was trying to buy plat, but I don't have the small fortune necessary ... need several hundred lockdowns, just for the main room!
  7. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

In the house options you can select to disable a cy which prevents marking and recalling to/from. After that from the sound of it, you would need a table wall so people could just slightly enter the main room and see everything, but not actually be in reach of the items to grab.
  8. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info and advice, Rabbit. A table wall might be tricky, given the design of the library, especially since it sounds as if the quest needs to be able to take place in the whole fort ... I shall ponder :) Just with a quick look at the main hall, I'd need over 300 extra lockdowns ... probably around 600 plat just to make the main room secure! It could be substantially less if I don't lockdown the wooden benches I use as shelves, but it would only take one person to wreck the whole display and cost me hours of lumberjack work, carpentry and replacing all the shelves. As for the roof ... *sigh*
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  9. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member

Small marble pillars in the library would work well with the theme. Or standstone posts
  10. Azoth

Azoth Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd thought the same, but if I add them now, there wouldn't be space to pass to other rooms, they'd block the corridor.