Selling Items to NPCs; 5 item cap?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Hoodrat, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Hoodrat

Hoodrat New Member

Hi guys, I am new to UO:R, can someone explain this 5 item cap to NPCs to me? Im trying to sell my fish steaks! That is all, thanks guys!
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Set a sell agent in razor, mash your sell key.
    Hoodrat likes this.
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

The 5 item sell limit was introduced to stop people selling thousands of an item at once and cashing out fully.

You'll notice two things when selling to a vendor:

A vendor will only have a few thousand GP to purchase items from you, if you could sell 60k fish steaks at once then it would circumvent their wallet.
    When you sell the same items to a vendor, they purchase the item for less over time, so if you could sell stacks then it would completely circumvent this mechanic.

To get around this there is a 5-item sell limit per trade, so most players use the "Sell Agent" in Razor, you simply add the items you want to sell to the agent by hitting "Add", and set the max to 5, then enable the agent. Afterwards whenever you go up to a vendor and say "Vendor sell", it will automatically sell 5 items from the agent if they are in your inventory, you can spam "Vendor Sell" until the vendor runs out of gold, or until you run out of product.

Just be careful to not add anything to the sell agent that you would hate to lose (i.e. Runes, weapons etc)
  4. Hoodrat

Hoodrat New Member

5. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Deacon did a MUCH better job.
    *bows to the better question answerer*
    Deacon and One like this.