selling leather to npc's

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Duffrey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

With my survivalist character I killed animals for their hides and sell it to the tanner in town. Becaue hides are very heavy, I used to cut them into leather. Now I can carry a lot more of them. Problem is that I did not found a npc buying my leather yet.
    What type of npc's would buy leather?
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

NPC's on Renaissance buy very few, if any bulk supplies from players. They will however buy any crafted items that can be made from the leather, and probably pay more than you would expect.

Alternatively selling to other players will always be the most profitable route for bulk goods.
  3. newme

newme Well-Known Member

The tanner npc is the one to sell cut leather to; not sure if the furtrader will buy the hides.
    There are tanner/furtraders located in Brit, Minoc, and Ocllo. I think Trinsic also.
    Keep in mind that npc will pay you a fraction of what you buy the same product for. Also the more you sell to them, their inventory goes up and the pay scales drops when certain inventory capacity is reached. This is why it is best to sell to players if you can. While you are getting hides, keep in mind you can sell meat to the npc butcher. The more you sell, the less they pay. I do not think there is a market with other players for raw meat. Can always give it a try.
    Hope this helps some.

:)
  4. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Ok, thank you chris. Thats what I already thought :). Just want to be sure. Tanner and Furtrader NPC's do not buy leather but hides.