Serenity Village

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Jill Stihl, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

One of the many things I love about UO is being able to come home after a hard day in the dungeons and do a little decoration. I enjoy doing small houses but of course one is never enough, so I've claimed a small area of the Northern territories and built a little village -

[​IMG]

Welcome to Serenity :)

The centre of any ye olde village, the chapel, sits on the hill overlooking the village -

[​IMG]

....with modest accommodation above for the preacher. In such a small settlement that's a part time role, the rest of the time he is, like several other residents, a fisherman -

[​IMG]

The chapel also serves as the village refuge in case of attack, and strongroom for the few valuables possessed by the community. As such it may be found locked when not in use.

Next we have the second most important building in a community of crafters, fishers and woodsmen. The workshop -

[​IMG]

We enjoy a pleasant climate here, so open sides for good light and ventilation makes good sense. The rear pillar is reinforced to take the weight from above, as upstairs houses the communal oven -

[​IMG]

Storing the flour and other foodstuffs away from ground level helps provide some food security, from both rodents and raiders.

On to the barn. There's not much need for horses on a boat or in a mine, so accommodation for two should folks need to head to town is plenty -

[​IMG]

And then we have the houses, but they're not presentable yet (all the buildings are an ongoing work in progress as funds allow), so I'll add those over the next few days or so.

So yeah, I like arranging pixels in my spare time. Thanks for looking if you got this far :)
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Glad you have made such nice use of this spot. It's one of my favourite areas of the map and I love that small tower spot. Nice work. Looking forward to the boat race and it would be cool if you got some RP type stuff happening there.
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  3. Jill Stihl

I almost forgot - My thanks to Hydrox, Snap, Triggered and a couple of others who I'm afraid I can't currently recall for your help in making this happen. I arrived on UOR intending to do this but with no thought that it could be achieved so quickly.

Thanks guys :)
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Spankrox, Taliic and One like this.
  4. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Welcome Jill!! I remember you from UOSA. So glad you made it here.

Place looks AWESOME!! And if you need anything just let me know. One of the aspects I love the most about deco in UO is the creative way to use common and simple items. I think this add so much more flavor to it than just stacking rares on top of more rares.
    Taliic, Xegugg, One and 1 other person like this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

About northeast of there lies the ruins of the lost city of Cape Adalet :D
    One likes this.
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Really nice village you designed here. Thanks for sharing.
    Taliic likes this.
  7. Namarra

Namarra Active Member
    UO:R Donor

This is great!
  8. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I will be adding this to my places of regular rounds!

Also, who knows, perhaps if you can find a ferry master, we could restore the Summer Breeze Ferry to take people to Justice Island!

Jill Stihl and PaddyOBrien like this.
  9. Jill Stihl

Peaceful visitors are always welcomed.

I briefly set one up on the last server I was on, and had read that thread before (great thread).

Fortunately his Lordship Mr British is kind enough to use some of the village's taxes toward a local guard tower and island ferry service -

[​IMG]

It provides fair paid employment to a couple of local men, and nobody ever checks up on these remote outposts so fishing and cards are often the order of the day.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    The Crooked Warden, Keza and Jupiter like this.
  10. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Great work on that village!!
  11. Rheanon

Rheanon Well-Known Member

It looks so peaceful and serene. I love what you did there :)