Server pvp

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by tpopcaz, Aug 22, 2017.

1. tpopcaz

tpopcaz New Member

How's the PvP on this Server? Will I have to run around for an hour just to find a fight or is it active everywhere.
  2. Mexplosivo

Mexplosivo Active Member

3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Guy literally made this account when there were like 50 active accounts online. lol (I was looking at his forum account age instead of the thread post date).

Gotta have more coffee before forums.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Salick and Xegugg like this.
  4. TheUORnerd

TheUORnerd Active Member

Jhelom bullpits is the toughest pvp
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Yes there's multiple pk groups, lots of solo pvpers (well an ok amount), and people have been talking about factions the last couple of days
    Animal Control likes this.
  6. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

of course there is, just go into IRC and tell everyone how shity they are, someone will come find you ;)

J/K hang around hot spots and the PK's will find you.
  7. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Come to Ice then after we dirtnap you im sure you can join the choir of bitchers cause we brought 5 guys
  8. tpopcaz

tpopcaz New Member

Dang asked a simple question and struck a nerve?
    One likes this.
  9. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

nah man i can see the future is all
  10. tpopcaz

tpopcaz New Member

Wait for me with your 5 man group I'll be there once I finish a character lol.
    Keystone likes this.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lemme know if you need anything to roll up. I'll bankroll you for some good killshots. lol
    One likes this.
  12. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Yes, you will. This is mainly due to the fact that most pvpers are used to the old 'UO Hybrid' type servers that had massive populations, and then once everyone realized how shitty the admin was, they left. Over the years these servers pop up for a couple of years and then die again. So, instead of digging in, becoming established, and helping bring more attention to the fact that this server has been around for 5 years strong, and has perfectly sound mechanics for pvp to boom, people leave because it isn't the explosive, "OMG PEOPLE EVERYWHERE," type of atmosphere; although it easily could be. Don't get me wrong, there are some minor flaws that could be fixed, but overall, the system in place is far and above capable of housing a large community of solid pvp.

Currently, you more or less have to be around during primetime hours between 7-10. I would like to work on proposing a solid faction overhaul that I think would be tremendously superior to what we have in place atm, but I need the time to sit down and put it together... And then you have to consider Chris would have to acknowledge it, prioritize it, and then code it into patch. All of which is time consuming when you factor in the reality that he's pretty much a one man staff, and has to deal with an endless barrage of bitching and moaning from an ever increasing society of soft skinned, whiny babies.
    One, Bamilus, Artex and 4 others like this.
  13. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

welcome to the shard buddy. PVP is active around here, just have to put a little effort to find it. Biggest hotspots in my view are blood elementals in shame and ice dungeon
  14. Bamilus

Bamilus Active Member
    UO:R Donor

lots of PVP in irc
  15. Khar'Mash

Khar'Mash Member

There's a list of all players online sorted by name on the main site. You can always have a look for yourself how many reds are currently on and compare it to time of day to get an idea.

Or you can summon a demon and heal it and run into town with 30 seconds left on your criminal flag. ;)

The thing is, even if a server runs UO exactly the way it was "back then", people have gotten better and a lot more knowledgable. You will not see many people here out farming with a character in a faction guild, for example. They are experienced enough players to have easily trained up several characters; farm with a fisher or tamer and PvP with a PvP'er (who is carrying a total of 60-100 potions.)

We could start by having Lord/Lady titles be exclusive to murderers, order/chaos guildmembers and faction members. Maybe tie champion and faction system together somehow to have factions essentially fighting over the spawns. I'm sure that would increase the action.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Mexplosivo and El Horno like this.
  16. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

welcome to shard