Server Status Update - 2-24-17 - Account Creation Issues

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Due to some recent maintenance on the server relating to empty player accounts there is a small issue preventing players from creating additional accounts.

So far this only seems to affect players making a 3rd account but could affect other situations in which an empty account was removed, but still exists in the IP table.

This will be resolved the next time the server restarts, but will require staff assistance with creating your account until then.

If you are denied the creation of a new account and see the "problem communicating with origin" message contact me here or on IRC (Telamon) for immediate assistance.

Sorry for the disruption!

Note: We are also aware of the problems with the poison spell in towns and duel arenas affecting older player accounts. This will be resolved on the next server restart.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Problem(s)?
  3. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

Last 3 days I am having hard time playing uo ren, due to lag spikes freezes etc. Couple of my team mates also having same issue from all over the world.

Is there another attack on the server or anything going on about the connection.

Because it is really unplayable for me and I am seriosly thinking of quitting uo becayse of this reason. I use to love playing here but with those lag spikes I can't really pvp anymore...

@@Chris
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

No issues have been detected near or around the server recently, however you and your friends can send a traceroute when you are experiencing problems to see where the issue lies.

Just download this program.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10600402/Utilities/WinMTR/WinMTR-v092.zip

Set it to test login.uorenaissance.com. Let it run for 100 or so cycles and then export to text and post it here.

95% of the time connection issues are closer to home, than closer to the server. And most resolve themselves once the hosts in the middle work out their connection issues. With the internet as it is, traffic issues are common and sometimes require patience. I can only manage the server and pick a host, I cannot control the internet in general or the paths data take to the server.

For 30 days last year Verizon FIOS (fastest internet supposedly) had 50% packet loss to UOR. Because they decided to prioritize traffic from netflix between 4-10pm every day over all other traffic. Our players has to use a VPN for 1-2 months until Verizon finally fixed it.
  5. Nuvaa

Nuvaa New Member

Does this apply to people creating first account as well? I am trying to start playing here, but cant find where to create an account.
    Pirul likes this.
  6. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Easy!! Type a user name and password and your account is created. It's THAT easy!
  7. Nuvaa

Nuvaa New Member

I had "ID does not match password error" did not expect someone having such account name already. My bad, thank you
    Pirul likes this.
  8. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You get in now?
  9. Nuvaa

Nuvaa New Member

Yup, thanks :)
    Pirul likes this.