Seventh skill for a lumberjack

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Rickenbacker, May 23, 2017.

1. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker New Member

They sure don't make em like they used to!

I knew I'd be in good company here :D
    Valrick likes this.
  2. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Rickenbacker what did you end up going with for 7th skill?
  3. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Just cause you're in UK doesn't mean you cant try PVP.

I live in London and am very well into PVP and can easily hold my own out there.
    Sheepdog likes this.
  4. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

No idea why no magery, it's certainly a great option for reflect, reactive armor, buff/debuff, heal, traveling, etc..

Archery has such a low damage per second, it's practically a waste.

Parry is useless unless you want to fight a very high level melee-heavy monster 1v1 (like a balron, white wyrm, etc). It would be pointless to farm these as a dexer and prove not very profitable/worthwhile. Some people use it for mining... No idea why, in mining you can just stop digging up elementals and kill the ones you have so you don't get overwhelmed.

lockpicking isn't worth it if you aren't primarily going to be picking locks, doing tmaps, etc.. If you want to earn an extra 500 gp every now and then, just kill an extra monster.

Hiding is nice. Well prepared players will just explosion pot you out of hiding, but most will stop to cast reveal letting you recall.... if you can recall anyway... It's good for getting off screen and hiding though if you're in an open enough area being chased.

If I were you (and really didn't want magery) I would at least get a little magery to get 100% recalls, maybe toss the rest into hiding.
  5. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I'd go for stealing.

Yea you can't snoop, and you can't hide, but if you go around with a grey deathrobe and play the stealing lottery with a random item out of someone's bag, go grey, people are just going to think you're a shitty bank thief and have a pop and then get a fun surprise when they attack you and you throw that macro on that puts on armour and arms an axe and you eat them for lunch.

Snooping is pointless if you end up getting the whole bags worth of contents in the end ;)