Should Tamers be Exterminated?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Geo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Damn that is awesome
    Animal Control likes this.
  2. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Hi UOR,

I am new to the server and have yet to encounter the op-ness tamers are said to have. But I was wondering, what if there was a new type of poison made from bloodmoss instead of nightshade for example. This poison when applied to a weapon would have the same infliction rate as dp poison, except instead of taking away health it would put an animal in a state of rage to where it could not be controlled for certain amount of time. This would give a little more trade to the alchemist of the land as well. What do you guys think about this idea.
    Maltman likes this.
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Duz while it's an interesting idea it would be used by griefers mainly. Two mage pk's can easily drop a tamer unless your unable to off screen or stay out of range of the pets. I think the best move would be to give dexer pvmers a slight boost to even things out (making the melee templates slightly stronger axers are decent I'd say). Mainly the AI of monsters here can make it tuff for a limited resource type dexer but a lot of it is the template skill set the player chooses. Training pets easily to 7x with nothing more than a macro and right monster to throw spells at versus field skill gain (or even sparing them against one another which takes a ton of bandies) has made a big difference. When I started here with a tamer, very few had 7x pets. I haven't been on a shard where tamers aren't the best or most preferred for pvm. Tired of the ol nix tamers convo, especially by those who have already got theirs (runebooks, etherals, etc) using their tamers.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

I believe we should change the recent pecemaking patch so that AOE peacemaking can be broken by a command re-issue.
    Single targer peace however, should work like normal vs a players pets/summons. Possibly reduce its duration so 30 seconds, but peacemaking should be a counter to taming in pvp.
    Xuthakug likes this.
  5. Xuthakug

Xuthakug Member

Everyone in this thread that wants tamers nerfed or a new mechanic added in should start an orc and join my soon-to-be formed stealth archer squad. A group of 6-8 orcish stealth archers should satisfy your bloodthirst for these greedy, lizard loving humans.

This is the perfect opportunity for those that are tired of "all kill" to rise up and do something about it!
    Daros, 1-1=0 and Maltman like this.
  6. Bruster

Bruster New Member

Is it hard to make a tamer here? I haven't tried that feat yet.. :(
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

8. Soulmate

Soulmate New Member

I liked irl spitting my earl grey all over my vanilla colored comforter, thx!!
  9. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

Step by Step process to killing tamers:

Step 1: Begin making a tamer bent on killing all other tamers on the shard.

[​IMG]

Step 2: Have a friend make a Tamer.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Tame Whiteworms.

Step 4: Be the meanest tamers on the shard. (not skill wise, just be a real SOB)

[​IMG]

Step 5: Have your Whiteworms eat every tamer's pets you come across.

Step 6: Feed your Whiteworms the raw ribs of other tamer's pets.

[​IMG]

Step 7: Go back to what you were doing before you found some OP tamer camping a spawn.
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Jack of Shadows likes this.
  10. Soulmate

Soulmate New Member

Dude....I keep coming back to this and lmao....you are hilarious... Since I have no affiliates I speak freely on all topics! Lol
  11. Soulmate

Soulmate New Member

Really.... Really. It is self explanatory.
  12. Potion Commotion

Potion Commotion Member

It seems to me that it should just be changed to 5 control slots. That's how it is most places, and it makes the harder mobs an actual challenge. Two dragons is wildly powerful.
    Alice Asteroid, Blaise and Keza like this.