Shout outs for some classy mofos

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Por Corp Wis, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well...just had an interesting experience.

Farming n00b mobs in despise (ettins/etc) because.....Ive got nothing but n00b characters rofl.

2 PKs come rolling in on my half made dexxer and wipe me up in 1/10th of a cycle rofl.

What happens next? They politely converse with me, rez, me...heal me...DONT touch anything on my corpse...Bid me farewell and off they go?

No "get shit on n00b" "go back to WoW" "stay out of my dungeon" "fuck you kid" and whatever other memes typically get thrown around.

/Respect to Texas Red and Roxxer Mcownage some classy ass PKs. I heard that the grief was minimal here from other UO players elsewhere but I never really thought shit like this actually happened.

I really wouldnt have cared if they looted me they earned it. Just the rez and the lack of disrespect was.....so......refreshing.
    newme, Maltman, Erza Scarlet and 11 others like this.
  2. Joshius

Joshius Well-Known Member

3. Astragon

Astragon Member

Just don't go thinking they are all that way. I stupidly went afk a screen below the Occlo gate for 5 minutes and came back dead and dry looted, lol.
    BIGSHOW and newme like this.
  4. RevySabre

RevySabre Member

And some will Rez you and kill you again for the points. so careful =P
    newme likes this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I think it was player, "Coffee" that said once, "I want to make a PK that runs in and aggressively heals you while you're PvMing".

THAT would be high class!
    newme and Blaise like this.
  6. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to Renaissance
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    newme likes this.
  7. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

We have some nice PKs out there, most of them will rezz or offer you a gate at least.

There are just a few groups (or individuals) out there who are "farming" people for gold and loots.
    Many of our reds here are just interested in some more and interesting fights or murder counts from my experience.
    newme likes this.
  8. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I am a solo PK here and really just have one rule - be respectful. I don't think players need to be rude when PKing. I loot what I want from a corpse (anything I use, or sell regularly) but I will leave most gear behind, especially if it's a newish player. I hunt in all the spots, because you find tamers AFK farming in some really weird places or trying to farm up boss mobs. Covetous harpy room here really isn't a "newbie spot" like it is on every other shard ever, just to give you an example.

I rarely gate or res my victims because throwing 40 or 50 mana at someone who's just going to be rude to be (most people are not nice after being killed, even with a res, even without looting) or have their friends come in directly after I blow my mana. I've had far too many people show up while I'm still criminal flagged and down an extra 40-50 mana because I decided to be nicer than usual. When you're a solo PK with nearly 800 short term murder counts, you can't go around burning mana on every Joe-shmoe.
    BlackEye, newme, Maltman and 5 others like this.
  9. Stormwynd

Stormwynd Active Member

I respect all forms of UO life. I have a great deal of respect for most PKs. After playing since '97 I have come to realize it is a game. Anything I have can be replaced with minimal efforts.

I just hate when people kill you and then talk trash after. Those are the ones I cannot stand. But I would never mind being PKed and having a short convo with said murderer just to say job well done!

Vast majority of players here are grown adults with families. I would hope most are also mature enough to be adults.
    BlackEye and newme like this.
  10. Mimic

Mimic Member

I was on my tamer a few weeks ago (last time I played it), and a pk came by and killed me while I fumbled to gate my unbonded dragons out. He ressed me right afterwards and I was pumped! I said all kill to get my dragons attacking the same mob as to help them survive while I looted my corpse but my stupid razor auto queued the pk and my dragons attacked him. So.. after that he peaced out as expected and shortly after I died because, well, I had no health and was desperately trying to save my pets. After all that all my pets were dead and my corpse was full of my stuff, and I was stuck. I sure do appreciate that pk ressing me though. Props to you Crooks. Sorry I attacked you with my dragons directly after getting ressed by you!
    skratt, newme and Erza Scarlet like this.
  11. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Good guy Crooks, always up for some awesome fights :)
    skratt and newme like this.
  12. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I agree with all the above. And I have been both, dry looted and left stranded. But.... from experience, that is the exception, not the rule.

Pork Fried Rice has ended my life on a few occasions, thus I can confirm he is one who will not dry loot you. He has even left me with a recall scroll (mine) and town rune (mine) Both these items I am sure he could have used.

Welcome to our shard. And thanks PFR for being you. :)

Marjo Governess of WispFelt

Westra on irc
    Erza Scarlet likes this.