Smithing Oddities

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Baine, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Oddity #1- I was crafting axes with my GM smith for my lumberjack and noticed the axes did not carry a maker's mark even though I have my tools set to mark the items and I receive the message: "You create an exceptional quality item and affix your maker's mark." I tested this by crafting other types of weapons and achieved the same result.

Oddity #2- In the above scenario I was using dull copper ingots but when I smelted the test weapons (the non-axes) it yielded iron ingots.

These oddities only occurred during weapon-crafting - armor crafting/smelting is working normally.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For starters, you cannot craft dull copper weapons without a dull copper runic hammer. They will all come out like iron type and will smelt to iron if smelted.
    I just tested and when you craft a runic weapon, with the appropriate ingots, it will smelt back the same.

However, the maker's mark is definitely a bug. Most likely from the latest patch that tweaked the weapon naming conventions around.
  3. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Thanks! I knew that runic weapons were the only type to show their special ore colors but I had no idea weapons crafted with special ore alone (w/o runic) would convert to iron ingots when smelted. That's very strange if you ask me.