Smuggling for the URKS?

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Rex, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Rex

Rex Active Member

URKS, allow me to introduce myself. I am Icas Rex. Born and raised in Trinidad I found far an' few options fer work. I quickly found out how hard an' cruel the world can be and turned to thiefen to put food on the table. Been doin' it fer years but I tell ya it never sat with me. I been staring at the blue horizon east of Trinidad more and more these days and wanting somethin more. But how in hell is a low-life thief like me gonna get out of the only life I ever known?
    One day I went explorin to the City of the Young looking for marks. Soon as I entered the moongate I heard a high pitched human scream and no sooner had I looked up I see URKs attackin the city. Bein nothing but a thief with no means of defending myself I quickly hide and stealthed around to see what the extent of their attack was. Seems they came into Occlo by boat and were using this boat as a means of defensive when the humans pushed back. Well let me pause here and tell you a bit about this boat. She was the finest sloop I ever did see, sporting a single-mast,aft-rigged sailing boat made of the finest wood and cloth of Sosaria. It had a very shallow draught and appeared very maneuverable. Well naturally I immediately fell in love.
    It is a beautiful moment fallin in love fer the first time. It was an intense love, sort of like a tornado sweepin across the plains flattenin all that was in its path. It was also a love of renewel, in the blink of an eye everything in Felluca had become new, including me. It is literally like the sap rising in the tree, putting forth new green shoots of life. And in these green shoots I saw an opportunity fer a new life. A life on the sea.
    Well these URKs got mighty distracted fighting off the screaming Occlo residents and in the confusion I slipped onto the vessel and under the point of my cutlass ordered the tillerman to turn her about, unfurl the sails and set our heading fer the open sea. I knew the URKs would not be happy with me takin their boat and I would likely hang for my crime should they get their hands on me. This put me in an uncomfortable situation so I decided to take the boat to a safe place to lay low for a couple of days.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only place I knew that could offer the refuge I needed was Bald Island. Once there I went to secure my vessel when I realized the point of my cutlass would only make the tillerman do so much. This stubborn individual won't let me drydock this boat less I get the key. I searched every corner of that boat and the key was nowhere to be found. Findin no key left me no options but to head ashore and seek advice from the pirates. In conversin with these pirates I found great friends who upon learning of my stealin of a boat, welcomed me to their clan. As far advice of gettin a key made for the boat I found none. None except the suggestion that maybe I work WITH the URKs to find some sort of compromise in which both parties can benefit. That's when it struck me. Maybe I could get these URKs to hand over the key willingly if I agreed to smuggle arms in for them. After which I would agree to never seize another URK vessel. So here I am, reaching out to the URKs, offering a catch of some really fine arms in exchange for the key of my newly beloved vessel. Any URKs reading this ought to consider this offer and give word as to whether or not they accept. If accepted, a time would be agreed upon in which me and some of my new pirate mateys would deliver the smuggled arms to the small cove located directly North East of the compassion desert guard tower, which appears to be the closest body of water to the URKs. The transport of arms across the sea would be the responsibility of the pirates, but once on land the arms catch would be in the care of the URKs. Here pictured is the offering for the key. A crate of hardening leather, a crate of force macing weapons, a crate of force fencing weapons, and a crate of shineyz.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  2. Elbowface

Elbowface New Member

YOUR THE BEST!
  3. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to the forums! Great story and pictures to go along with it. Looks to be a generous trade offer.
  4. Rex

Rex Active Member

Aye Matey, it is very generous, but well worth it for the love of my life. What is a pirate without a boat & key? Without the key I cannot even name my sweetheart. *sighs*
  5. Rex

Rex Active Member

Word around the pirates campfire is that this boat used to belong to Ne'rull [Eldur Orc Mage, URK]. If you see this URK, tell him I seek him, and then I advise you to run as fast as you can muster!
  6. Samuel J Cutlass

Samuel J Cutlass New Member

Now thar be a fine tale o' the trade me boyo. Happy ta see you comin by a ship the pirate way! Welcome aboard matey and once ye get this orc business settled, mark me words, then it'll be on to more pressin matters, like Piratin ho ho, blow me down what a time we'll have what wit the killin and pillagin and all!

Set course fer the horizon, thar be pirates here har har!!
    Dragkhar likes this.
  7. Dragkhar

Dragkhar Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

One can not turn down an individual with such courage, stealing a ship from the URKs demands some real balls.

As a spokesman for the [XXX] clan I wish on behalf of Rackham the Red wish ye welcome aboard!

//
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I love the lighthouse!
    Jupiter likes this.
  9. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

This is amazing.
  10. Gunne

Gunne New Member

Raakhuga told me to tell you:

Dis Uruk trybut! Ee clomp uumies fur grub!
  11. Omegutho

Omegutho New Member

hoho nerull lub heem buutz uu bedder wuj uwt!
  12. Samuel J Cutlass

Samuel J Cutlass New Member

Ahoy thar me hearty, best keep that thar loot an let them orcs curse the day you commandeered their ship. They wont be forgivin such an insult and best fer a pirate to count his loot as booty fairly won than court fate by stickin his neck out fer tha sharp edge o an orc's axe.

Just some simple words from an old salt but know that foolin an orc once shame on them, try to fool em twice, and chop, thump goes yer head.
  13. Rex

Rex Active Member

Samuel I think you may be right on this one. It will be a sad day when my love decays and sinks into the deep blue.