So what's up with factions

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Spooner, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Spooner

Spooner Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The forums seem dead, but I do see a few guards and vendors on top of the Moonglow bank. Haven't seen any faction players though.

What's going on with factions around here?
    Black Tortoise likes this.
  2. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Moonglow activity is just dropping a few guards on top the bank. Factions seem pretty dead right now. Some play a limited amount in the summer. I haven't logged onto a faction toon (except to refresh a friends house) for months to pvp with. Seems like choosing a pvp toon lately to field has been a red or blue chaos/order. Log on find a faction buddy(ies) and go out looking for a fight. Someone has to start it up by being active running around in populated areas for people to see. Steal the sigils that usually gets someones attention.
  3. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Too many people scared of dying too few people willing to join to get it kick started again
  4. Theodin

Do you have a toon you can put into factions? We can go steal some sigils later today and tonight to get some beef started, after all it is the weekend so hopefully a lot of people on

Don't think I've factioned in a year myself
  5. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. Spooner

Spooner Active Member

I'm not in a faction, yet.

My faction character still needs a little work, but I anticipate a debut sometime next week.
  7. Rex Draken

Rex Draken New Member

I've been in factions before as well as O/C and It's not that most are scared of dying, it's just that factions are bullshit and no one wants to be constantly rezkilled, drylooted, bad mouthed or deal with the scumbags that generally infect faction fighting. I'm not saying everyone is like that but in my experiences and what I've seen with non faction toons that's all I've ever seen if it and it's never been decent EVER!!Factions always were and always will be garbage and a complete waste of time!!
  8. Theodin

Said no one that likes PvP ever
    Crunk Juice and wylwrk like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francise.
  10. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

I guess this a good time to pan my idea out to the masses. pan away

*note if you do not like my idea please do not yell at me. My fragile feelings are like wet paper.
  11. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Duz: While it's admirable to want to expand UOR's map, I play here for this era only (even though I not so secretly wish SA pvp mechanics could replace Chris' current setup). Incentivizing factioners for the purpose of pvp via allowing access to a new map won't work long term. Your basically asking for a version of Felluca to promote pvp. Anything that works toward moving a group out of the main map to an exclusive one to pvp in just sounds bad (especially after experiencing it when OSI birthed Fel/Tram, yes I know that's not the whole of your idea). Factions needs a better objective and reward system, decaying faction points and sigil timers that make sense. Not sure what or if there's an answer. We have a good, fair and stable server to pvp on now so I'm not complaining, just a few wishes.
    Duz-luk and One like this.
  12. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

well if the lamentation is that people will leave the base map, then maybe do something like crowfall and have scheduled campaigns. just a thought.

Thanks for your input though :)
  13. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

also let me just say that my intention with this idea is not to increase the map or make things bigger. I hated Tokuna or whatever it was called and Malas. It is purely driven from past experiences pvping in Ilshenar. My goodness, the map is beautiful. My guild in OSI were some of the last people to go there and set up fights. It is a great place to fight too as the landscape has many themes and environments. There's ruins, mythical cities, well done dungeons and cave areas, enchanted forests, volcanic areas, deserts, etc. I feel deep down inside that it is a shame to NOT use the map in some form or another. A waste really.

but yes, I understand what you're saying about people vacating, not fighting in Sosaria, and all the rest. I just don't feel it would be as bad as you think. And if it was noticeable I still wouldn't care because I really liked fighting in Illy.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  14. Theodin

Definitely need more people playing factions in regular town's before this can evolve into something bigger
  15. Theodin

Question.. can you still summon 10 to 20 guards and unsummon/resummon them whenever you'd like?
  16. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

You can. Also it costs silver which there's usually plenty of.
  17. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Just need other factions to be active to use them on :)
    Theodin likes this.
  18. Theodin

Xeg! Do NOT give others ideas please :confused::mad::mad::mad:
    Xegugg likes this.
  19. Spooner

Spooner Active Member

Am I missing something or is the True Brit faction stone not where it's supposed to be?
  20. Keystone

Keystone Well-Known Member

I am thinking of just making a player run event in the near future.. pick a date, time, and town and just invite everyone to bring out the factioner's. We are Minax. I might even carry around some checks in bags as loot for people who drop me. Just plan fights and try not to be scummy about it. I feel as if this might jump start the factions war again. Because Id rather be fighting oranges in big group battles than pk'n blues any day. Also several good pvp fights lately against other groups of reds.... no reason we cant just make em oranges.