[SOLD] Grimoire Villa - with your personal stable boy

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by TrojanCow, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Terms: 48 hour standing bids, 24 if two or more bidders. Plat @ 8.5k. Hcoin @ 5k.

Fancy a treasure map library and your own stable boy? Maybe just a quiet villa on the bubbly coast?

SB: 500k
    BO: 1.25m

grimoire.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

3. Dierdre

Dierdre Active Member

BO at 1.25k

PM me when you would like to trade.
  4. TrojanCow

HAX
  5. Dierdre

Dierdre Active Member

Don't treat me like a fool, because that just ain't cool.

I demand satisfaction as this auction winner.
    Gideon Jura and Joshius like this.
  6. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

If you managed to pick up the other properties (tower, small) what housing combos can you do here? Can you bridge or put down an lshape or forge? This was always a neat spot. On every server I've played on there was something unique placed here.
  7. Jack of Shadows

Attack and lure the stable master into the house! *use enticemen...nm*
  8. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

9. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Damnit. Backup b/o in case he flakes

Edit: b/o @ 1.25 MILLION
  10. Dierdre

Dierdre Active Member

I'm not gonna flake! I want that Villa.
  11. TrojanCow

Dierdre, the earliest serious BO offer (the 1.25k BO was obviously a typo) per the forum time stamp was received from Captain Morgan. If I had received your PM that you would like to make a serious BO offer before Captain Morgan's post, I would have gladly accepted it.

No hard feelings I hope.
  12. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Active Member

I thought I saw that go Greatly Worn a few days ago... but thought no way, no way someone will let that fall.
  13. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Damn, missed this. Perfect house for HEAVY PETTING.
  14. Dierdre

Dierdre Active Member

Well to be honest I got the buyout at 1.25k. And I messaged you right afterwards on Miirc saying I had put in a buyout. (I logged right in and said I had made a buyout. I made no mention of the 1.25k, or that I wanted that price). I was serious, what lead you to think I was not? It was super late at night or I would have bought it right then if you were around. (This was far before Captain Morgans buyout offer). I then sent you a private message later on just to clairify I would give you two checks (making it clear it was 1.25 million) before going to bed. I wake up today and its sold to captain. Pretty weasely.

I never said anything about the 1.25k, even though I did win it at that price due to your terms.

You really should be selling me that Villa at 1.25k. It's what you posted, its what I accepted.

I demand satisfaction as the auction winner. I was not joking beforehand. He even says in his post its a backup BO in case I flake.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  15. Jack of Shadows

^clear winner
    BlackEye, Xegugg and Mes like this.
  16. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

lol
    BlackEye and Xegugg like this.
  17. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  18. TrojanCow

For the public record, here is a brief timeline of events regarding this house:

1. cow makes typo. House starting bid of 500k, buyout of 1.25k (k should have been m)
    2. Dierdre posts BO of typo amount
    3. typo is fixed
    4. Dierdre joins IRC a few minutes after the BO offer, sends me a PM ("[01:18] <Dierdra> Hey there, got a b/o on that nice villa :)") and then quits IRC immediately.

[01:21] <TrojanCow>lulz coming right up!
    [01:21] No such nick/channel

4. CaptainMorgan makes an actual BO and is sure to specify it is for the corrected amount.
    5. Dierdre reacts to CM's BO offer about two hours after his last edit by sending me a PM saying his/her initial typo BO offer was Totally Cereals.
    6. Dierdre writes a post saying his/her initial typo BO offer of 1.25k should be honored because of, you know, Truth and Justice.

There may be some who think a blatantly obvious typo is legally obligating in a wizard game auction, but I'm afraid I completely disagree.
    Canis, BlackEye and wylwrk like this.
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I'd have claimed april fool's and upped the SB and BO by 1 mil after all the shenanigans.
    TrojanCow likes this.
  20. Dierdre

Dierdre Active Member

I made a few typos while selling reagents. I always took the route of it was my mistake and honored it. If I had made a post on a public forum, I can assure you I would have gone forward even at 1.25k. Really poor form for one of the largest home sellers on the shard (as one of the big IDOC group that does most of the home sales.)

So someone who posts a buyout, then gets on Miirc (when he normally doesn't use it), then POSTS IN THE THREAD that he is the winner and wants satisfaction (only to be ignored by responding "HAX"), hasn't met your buyout procedures? I sent you both a Miirc message and a forum message. You could have sent me a PM at that point to clarify the situation. I would have told you that per my FORUM POST and IRC message I was serious. I never mentioned the 1.25k. Simply reaching out would have dissolved any ambiguities. Or like a man, you could have sold me the property at that advertised price that I accepted. It's not like you need the money, your one of the richest guys around. You could have done it out of principle.

I sure did react to CM's BO offer. Because at that point I had literally
    A. Made a buyout offer
    B. Logged into IRC which I never use to let you know that I had purchased the property. If it wasn't like 3 AM California time I would have waited for a response.
    C. Made a post in the thread saying I was the winner.

All of that was done before his buyout offer. I sent you the forum message because I wanted you to know before I went to bed that the above A B and C I was serious. I never mentioned 1.25k in my private message. Not really reacting to CM per se, but more to the fact that in many ways I had already won the auction. But instead of replying to my forum message which I would have recieved, you just sell the property to CM and don't even send me A SINGLE RESPONSE. I wake up the next day and its just sold to CM.

I guess you value gold more then your integrity. It certainly is a wizard game auction in a small community, but one where you happen to be by far the largest player. Writing one small house off due to your own mistakes and bad manners would be almost nothing to you. Try taking the high road next time.
    Erlkonig and Mes like this.