Soldiers of Fortune (S0F)

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Crunk Juice, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Several vets of UO and UOR have come together to create a new guild for players of all experiences. This new guild will focus on PVM, shard holiday events, champ spawns and player run events. We will be recruiting players of all experience levels and are focused on being able to give someone plays all the time or who only have a few hours a day/week to play UO the ability to have friends/guild mates by their side. Once the guild is established, we will be hosting shard events, pvm events, champ spawns and other team building activities. We have set up a private discord channel for guild members and is available via PM to myself or @Evil Dead. If you have questions please reply or ask via PM to myself, @Evil Dead, @abox or @Amulek.

28 members in less than 2 hours of creation. We WILL be making this the best non PK Guild on the Shard.
  2. Crunk Juice

3. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Looks interesting
  4. compsays

compsays Active Member

Looks interesting. Any prospect of things happening in times favourable for UK/European players?
  5. Crunk Juice

Our goal is to have lots of members from all time zones, so no matter what zone you are in you will have guildmates on. We will be doing events at times to cater for those across the pond.
  6. Crunk Juice

I missed you IRC messages. Hit me up again when you get a chance.
  7. compsays

compsays Active Member

Cool. Then I would like to be considered for membership, please.
  8. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

Good luck with the wonderful gathering. Its good to see people coming together to play.

Just got couple of questions.

"We WILL be making this the best non PK Guild on the Shard."
    Does that mean whoever in this guild with S0F tag won't be able to pk? Because most of these players has some serious PK alts.

Lets assume I joined the guild. @Evil Dead is in. You are in. @Pill wanted to be in with his tamer too. Even @bart simpson wanted to put his tamer in too.
    We are doing a champ and @Orange decided to raid the champ with @UrinalCake (you can obviously change these names) They killed my S0F tamer and they keep attacking whoever is in the champ lets say they keep attacking to Pill.

I came with my PK to attack them back. Pill comes with his, Funeral with his etc..... Than there would be disaster since for example Funeral is in CPU too... Who will defend - attack who? Its not only about CPU same might happen to any other Guild out there...

Do you guys have some kind of certain rule about not coming with an alt character member of other guilds?

I hope you guys got the issue there.

Its hard to gather people and claim being best non PK guild. If S0F guild members won't PK anymore with any of their alts and will put all their alts in S0F guild thats perfectly understandable and respected. But if it is just "you can't PK with your S0F character but dont care about your 14 other characters", that might cause some problems in the future even inside S0F guild since it is hard to keep track of 15 characters of every member. One can easly use your private discord to locate other members and hunt them down with unknown alts.

@Sir Billy TNT was doing this Non-PK thing pretty fine with putting their fighters in tnl - nlu guilds.

All in all good luck to you all. Wish to see more victims in dungeuns for sure...
    Rextacy and Mr. Green like this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  10. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

Thank you for the answer but the problem might accure when a guilded character lets say "CPU - Sterlinarcher" killes a guilded S0F member. Or CPU might be gone since they turned inactive again or they have the control of CPU won't target S0F anymore. You cant capitalize that rule on every other guild or member in the S0F.
    One likes this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

There are a lot of paradoxes here.. Because of the soul of the game and the rules of our servers. Once can have 15 characters or perhaps more after copper system...
    If you PL a S0F member expect to be the most wanted? Why is that its no big different than killing any other guild member... It shouldn't be. If I see as you see than this means S0F guild is an alliance for other guilds. So those guilds will not target each other. They actually becoming one...

If someone kills a S0F guild member they become enemy of S0F. Is it like RP than. I respect it. But than noone should jump in alts with one billion different guild tags chasing the RP'er PK.

PK's always have targets on their heads. Killing S0F shouldn't be different than killing any other. Unless its like a big alliance of guilds... So lets say - CPU - LOL - COM - A wont target each other anymore because they have couple of their members in S0F tremmying together...

Well all in all good luck. Hope it wont be a drama in the end. Yet its always eash to host events and other shard gatherings without founding guilds... Guilds are all about loyalty, friendship and trust etc. This looks like more of a lets get rich together and not kill eachother, lets erase the past and be nice to eachother thing, which is OK too..
  13. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

@Lnomer we are focusing on recruiting anyone who is in need of a guild and wants to experience aspects of the game scrolls, champs, events etc. but do not have the funds/friends/or knowledge to do so.

We arent allying with any pvp guilds or recruiting any enemies of our past into the guild. So when it comes to defending S0F members it will be with an in house group of fighters not stragglers from different established pvp groups.

The main goal of S0F is to bring players together that love this game and work together as a team to achieve greatness. Also give players new and old hope to not give up and see what this shard has to offer. We want to give back to the community and hope to see UOR grow from this new vision of ours while we still are dumping syncs at anyone who stands against our army of soldiers.
  14. One

One Well-Known Member

15. Lnomer

Lnomer Well-Known Member

@Evil Dead Nice explanation. Hope it works out buddy.
  16. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

@Lnomer Thanks man wishing you the best as well.
  17. Crunk Juice

@Lnomer some great questions and great answers from @Evil Dead and here is my 2 cents on them.

"non pk guild"--- my definition of a non-pk guild is a group who is not actively searching Britannia for random people to kill/dry loot. If we are getting grieved/attacked by a blue/grey/red attacking them is what I would do, we are just not seeking these conflicts.

Its no secret that myself and others who founded this guild together have multiple reds/pks. All current/old members of CPU have a gentleman's agreement not to kill [S0F] members, just like we has with a few other guilds who are geared toward new player development.

Our vision for the guild is really simple, we want to give players (new-old) the ability to play with a group to improve their game play experience, player abilities and their UO bank accounts. I feel that some....not all.... guilds that are geared for "New" players have to be a certain "Tamer" template to be accepted. Last night I recruited someone that has been on and off since beta and the next guy was 2 weeks old. Everyone is really good at something.....taming, dexxer bard, bard, crafter, stun mage, heal mage, hybrid, etc. Thats why we are recruiting all player types because the day I quit learning something new, is the day I will be done with this game.

The definition of a leader is having the ability to inspire and motivate your team by showing them how, what and why of all different aspects of this game. I know with our founders of this guild we have almost 90 years of UO between 5 of us. Everyone wants to have cool rare pixels, shinny anniversary sandals, ethys, fortresses and an near unlimited bank account and our "job" is to show them how we have already done that.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Bloodlust, One, compsays and 2 others like this.
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

2018-01-25 10_09_37-CompatWindow.png
    Evil Dead and Crunk Juice like this.
  19. Crunk Juice

Awesome! you on now? Ill hop on if you are.
    wylwrk likes this.
  20. Tooms

Tooms Active Member

So is this the CPU-Blue guild? I like what you're trying to do here, but if its part of a CPU alliance that is more likely to get you killed than anything. Anarchy has declared war on CPU and is actively seeking out anyone supporting or affiliated with CPU blue or red. The leadership of CPU is guilty for previous war crimes against Anarchy.

I like what PS does and often do not PK them for that reason. I could personally get behind that for SoF too based on your mission statement, but not if you're all still supporting CPU on your reds. SoF then just becomes CPU-Blue to me.
    NerK likes this.