Solo T Map hunting

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Xuthakug, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Xuthakug

Xuthakug Member

What's the highest lvl map a Provo T Hunter would be able to handle solo here? I've rolled this char on other shards and could solo a lvl 4 map with minimal difficulty, 5's were a little much though.
    Nerull likes this.
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

A provoker mage could handle any level of tmap. It would be challenging but just a matter of pairing off everything slowly. Then drawing up 2 mobs, using paralyze fields to hold the 1st mob while you loot the chest to draw up another to pair again and so on. A thoughtful selection of slayer instruments would make it easier.
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

If you happen to hit a chest that is in the paws region, feel free to leave straggling spawn for which you can't find a suitable mate.

:)
    Ragar and Xuthakug like this.
  4. Xuthakug

Xuthakug Member

Thanks for the reply. Should I go wrestling or eval? Can't decide between the two
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Hiding. Up to L5 you can pull off a hide pretty easily as the chest pops. It's nearly impossible on the L6s. I leave a bag of shit on the ground by a wandering healer and go there after the chest is up and I'm a corpse.
    Gideon Jura likes this.
  6. Xuthakug

Xuthakug Member

...but what if an orc lights the bag on fire? Do you stomp it out?

Solid advice, thanks man. Sounds like the trade off of no wrestling for hiding is worth it!
  7. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

You you really shouldnt be hit much, but will you use hiding constantly to clear aggro when your provos fails and you gotta dip out and wait to try again.
  8. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I use a provo/archer(mainly too lazy to train provo on thunter) and a tamer to cleanup spawn. I cast invis as soon as i can see the full chest and target self an it will pop just as the spawn does then run offscreen and use provo/archer to clean up spawn. I use a 3rd account tamer to clean up individual spawn as I loot. I solo lvl 5 maps with no problem (except when I do something stupid and kill myself).