Some more noob questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Xeba, May 22, 2013.

1. Xeba

Xeba New Member

Hey there!

I have some more questions:

1- Is the food system active here? I mean, does the hunger level affect anything in any way?

2- I've finished training my combat skills and went to the brit cem to test them. It surprised me that I was hitting a zombie, and I missed 6 times. It was surprising because I'm gm mace, gm tactics, gm anatomy, etc etc, still miss a lot of hits. Is this normal?

3- Is there a way to tell when you hit a special weapon strike? (I think mace is "crushing blow") Like a message or something that tells you you hit a special attack?

4- Is it mandatory that when you are poisoned you can't heal your hit points BEFORE curing your poison? Because some thief attacked me today and his weapon was poisoned, and he kept poisoning me, and I couldn't heal any hit points, because my bandages kept curing the stupid poison.. And is not like you have a brief delay on healing self, it's like 10 seconds to get yourself healed..

5- Is it necessary to have the skill poisoning to use a poisoned weapon? Or you can have another character with the poisoning skill applying the poison to your weapons?

6- Is there a command or something to return to your home when you die? I allways knew the "home home home" wich used to get you home if you were a ghost

7- Is there any way to communicate with other people ingame? Like a friend list, or a list of people connected wich you can send a message to ? (that was .list in some shards), or a Guild chat? or faction chat? or something? I'm having some trouble connecting to the irc, so i have no way to speak to the guildmaster of my guild
    I've been looking all over and can't find it, if there isn't any, I think it should be, improving communication ingame is crucial.

Thanks everyone, and pardon my english!
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

1 - Food level effects passive health and stamina regeneration, I believe. Mostly useless.
    2 - You'll miss occasionally on something like a zombie, though 6 in a row sounds pretty extreme. The chance to hit is between your weapon skill (macing) and their weapon skill (wrestling). I swear the UO RNG gets streaks like that quite often, though.
    3 - Yes, it will say it in the system text.
    4 - Yes, you must cure poison before you can heal. It is actually a great tactical move in pvp to poison other players, as normally it is very easy to heal through damage. You might like to use Magery in conjunction with Healing. Cure yourself with Magic right before your bandage is about to go off.
    5 - You can give poisoned weapons to other players.
    6 - I don't believe so. You've gotta go find a healer or get a Gate from someone else. If you're truly stuck, you can use Help -> I'm stuck.
    7 - There is in-game guild chat and party chat.

Welcome to UO:R!
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

To talk to guild mates type \ first... there is an in game chat from paper doll I think, I have used it once and had others log into it. Most don't haave that much screen space for in game chat though.
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

In some of the newer client versions the guild chat function will not work, even though it still shows you're typing in guild chat. If anyone has an issue utilizing the guild chat feature, downloading the Renaissance client (v5.0.8.3) will rectify the problem.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

It gives back 5 stamina for each thing you eat, and can make pets happy, and can be poisoned, and facilitates superstitions. That's all.

I'd call that abnormal assuming you were using a mace as you said.
    There will be a message that says "You deliver a crushing blow!" You can only do it with a warhammer for macing.
    You have called that accurately. Can't heal until cured. (Supplementing your bandages with cure potions or the spell Cure would help this.)
    It is not needed unless you intend to apply poison to the blade in combat.
    There's nothing like that. There is limited use of the "Help, I'm stuck" option for situations like these.
    There's a guild chat, but what you're really looking for is opening up the shard IRC, I am not an IRC person but it really is invaluable here, and very easy to operate if you connect through your browser at the UOrenaissance.com homepage.

Your english was just fine and welcome to the shard!
  6. Xeba

Xeba New Member

Thank you guys very much, you were really helpfull! Thanks for the welcome as well ;)

Mes, one last question:

Are you saying that the mace special attack "crushing blow" can only be hit with a war hammer? NOT with one handed maces? (such as war mace, maul, hammer pick, etc)
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

That is correct. Only two-handed weapons can have special abilities, and for macing the only weapon which currently has the ability to execute a special attack is the war hammer.