Spawn around the Fire Temple

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by orb, Dec 9, 2013.

1. orb

orb Active Member

When I played OSI (on Catskills) around 1999 - early 2000's, I had a small stone workshop on the Isle of the Avatar just southwest from the entrance to Hythloth. I remember running up to the the Fire Temple to farm gold and gain resist by fighting the daemons that used to spawn outside of the Temple. The daemons didn't spawn very far from it but I would say a screen to a screen and a half is the farthest I would find them (there was usually about 4 - 5 of them that spawned at various spots around the Temple.) Also there used to be a bunch of giant spiders that spawned inside the rocky ridge. I don't know if this was a shard specific spawn but if anyone remembers this as well or could give any information that would be great. Also these daemons were not led outside of the temple as there were daemons that spawned inside as well. I am not sure if this was past the UOR era this shard emulates.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I don't remember the daemons outside the temple, but the giant spiders on the rocky ridge are definitely familiar.
  3. Gozinya

Gozinya Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I also played Catskills from 98-2004 (once AoS ruined UO.) I don't remember demons being outside of the temple either, definitely spiders though.
  4. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I remember there being a single demon spawn near one of the nearby "mountains" (very tiny, and it had lava in/on it) - both on Catskills and Chessy
  5. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

On Lake Superior, I specifically remember there being daemons that spawned outside the temple in more than one location. Seems like there was one on the East, West and North side. I used to hunt this spot regularly on my bard/archer back in the day! (98-2003)
    Mes likes this.
  6. Athena

Athena Active Member

I remember the same as Markos on Lake Superior, I remember also always there being a daemon/fire elemental by the lava pool southeast of the temple itself.
  7. Aya

Aya Active Member

I remember a spawn to the west of the temple...maybe just a single deamon. This was Napa or Chessy or something cant remember the other