Special Hair Dye Revert

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jumpman, Feb 11, 2017.

1. jumpman

jumpman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

1. Last week, I purchased/applied a special hair dye from the hair dresser for 500k, specifically this hue:

[​IMG]

2. Soon thereafter, I applied a disguise kit to the same toon (which then obviously temporarily changed my name, hair style/color, etc.)

EDIT: See my post below

3. After 2 hours, the disguise kit wore off and all physical characteristics were restored to my toon. However, the light blue hue which I had purchased a few hours prior never came back. My hair color remained the default grey and has been this way since the kit wore off.

As this is a very pricey experiment to try and replicate, I am alerting the staff to see if someone can help. Tried to recreate on test however I'm too young to join the thieves guild.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. Descartes

Descartes Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

That's odd indeed. I've used disguise kit on a character with neon hair numerous times without any issue. Hopefully Chris can figure it out for you.
  3. jumpman

jumpman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Problem solved - I've since figured out what I did and have recreated the issue using just a regular dye this time.

At the time of purchasing/using the hair dye, my toon must have already been under the effects of a disguise kit, but my paperdoll window was simply not refreshed thus I thought I was still "normal". I then applied the special hair dye (noted above) and when the disguise kit wore off, the dye went away.

Just now, I just replicated this by applying a normal blonde hair dye (much cheaper) to my disguised toon, and went the kit wore off, the default grey hue returned.

Shame on me for applying such an expensive dye to a disguised toon. Note to everyone else - don't make the same mistake!

@Chris
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Good find Jumpman, I will get this resolved ASAP.
    jumpman likes this.