Special PvM titles

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Wise, May 26, 2013.

Should PvM leaders/champions have special titles?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes, with specific, strict conditions

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Blaise the Mongbat Slayer?

Wu the Orc Punisher?

Heidi the Ophedian Annihilator?

How does everyone feel about rewarding top PvM characters by adding a special title to those who hold first place in a specific monster or group of monsters.

Wu clearly is the scourge of all orcs on these lands. Blaise and his love/hate/love relationship with mongbats is well documented. Heidi has been rousing her arse off to get first place with the whole ophedian family lol.

Added conditions will make it harder such as, hold first place for a week without interruption or if you die to that type of monster you lose the title until you kill another x amount of them (difficulty based).

Just a thought, feedback is most welcome.

Cheers
  2. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

3. pdodd

pdodd New Member

+1

Love the idea of adding incentive to slaughter 9,999 goats. Or whatever. :)
  4. pdodd

pdodd New Member

The champion titles are, without a doubt, very cool. They do, however, seem out of reach of certain character templates.

Another thought: what a great way to get players interacting with more of the PvM content, such as Orc forts, swamps, jungles, etc. places that normally are avoided since they aren't very profitable.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I think it's a pretty clever and fun idea. I mean, if someone farms specific mobs, it's cool because they don't have to slay the champ to get it. Also, it would be a mark of competition if you were into that sort of thing. You better believe I keep an eye on my mongbat kills.

The Champ titles only last a finite amount of time, but I could potentially be the The Glorious Lord Blaise, King of OoO, Llama's Bane until someone bests my kill count!
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I think it would definitely add more spice to the PvM aspect.

We could have 2 sets of titles, more common ones for say people who attain x amount of kills for a certain group and a second more exclusive set for people who hold the top stop.

These need not be easy, a minimum of 10k kills per monster for the common ones to start then 25k 50k 100k etc.

If someone kills a million mongbats they definitely deserve some sort of title...
  7. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes, similar to characters in novels getting nicknames because they slew a certain creature. Fully RP supporting idea.

-Did you hear Wu?
    -You mean the guy who has erased off the orcish?

Also this is very accurate information about players skill set, as it is the only thing he can slay, lol.
  8. pdodd

pdodd New Member

The monbat-slayer template is all the rage these days.
  9. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

In general I love this idea, but what would you do when someone holds the #1 spot for multiple creatures? I think I'm #1 on around 10-15 beasties and I can't imagine how many #1's Wu holds.
  10. pdodd

pdodd New Member

I propose that priority would then be given to whichever #1 had the highest kill count amount your #1's.
  11. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

This or the most difficult/highest level mob could work too.
  12. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I like pdodd's answer because that's all about the player's choice. If the #1 mongbat killer decide he wants to go berserk on dragons, he just needs to always make sure he stays ahead in count on Mongbats. If it went by difficulty, it would be a lot tougher. The player might find themselves totally unable to battle certain monsters because the requirements for #1 on them are so low (#1 mongbat killer couldn't kill very many boss monsters). I think Ideally the player would just be able to choose which title they wanted to display but since my coding knowledge < 0 I have no idea of the real difficulty of what we're suggesting.