Spell cast with no result

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by fooka03, Mar 15, 2016.

1. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So this is a bit of an odd one I encountered last night fighting a loch lake monster. I don't have a lot of targeting macros setup so I have to manually click my targets with my fisherman. I noticed that when I cast ebolt in particular, if I click as the cursor is appearing the spell seems to cancel and no damage is applied. I can then immediately cast another spell so it doesn't appear to be a graphical glitch where maybe I lost my target cursor but still have the spell queued. I will do a little more research on test center to see if I can get some more details on what's happening while I'm not fighting for my life against a rather difficult mob. That is unless someone already has an answer for me out there...
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I bet you auto-target some invalid target for the ebolt. Perhaps the open sea because of your fishing macro?
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

razor options

consider disabling auto queue ... it causes more harm than good
  4. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member

Well against something of a kraken or lake monster level I wouldn't have any macros running (and this was indeed not the case because I was working on mibs, not straight fishing)

Hmm I would expect some system message if this was the case like some of the weirdness i've seen while participating in CTFs with my pvp profile. There is nothing in the journal aside from my casting of a spell and nothing beyond that. I'll give it a try and see if that's the issue.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

There wouldn't be. It happens.

Queue last target and target self along with auto queue delay action checked in razor options is the debil.