Spirit Animal

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Bluecrush, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Eagle.jpg
    So what is a spirit animal?
    This is first animal(something we also have in real life) that took your ass out. Should of never of happened and it did:mad:

Mine was a eagle. Just west of vesper next to the mountain on my first day. Think I had mining and hiding at 50 and evenly put points on my stats. I attacked it with a pick axe and ran out of stam. Couldn't run and died.

So what is yours?
    Post a pic and a small description of what happened.
  2. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

I must be the only one that has died this way on osi:p
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think it was a mongbat. It was something that aggroed on me, because I definitely was not picking a fight with my miner/swordsman/mage/blacksmith.
  4. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

I think mine was either a panther or a timber wolf.

Same problem with the stamina!
  5. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

I spent my first year picking fights with rodents and small animals throughout sosaria and usually ended up losing those fights.... Then I would just make a new character on a new shard and try again. The concept of ping was beyond me so I picked all sorts of random shards regardless of their proximity to me.
  6. Surfrats

Surfrats Active Member

Great post/avatar synergy here.
    Killian likes this.
  7. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

[​IMG]

My very first character was on my brother's account. So I was on Catskills (a shard he didn't play on), I think. Started in Vesper and my first death was to a skeleton in the graveyard.

Once I got my own account I rolled on Atlantic to play with my brother and my home was Moonglow. First death? Hmm. Probably the GY Lich.
  8. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I died to a snake just east of Britain due to poison. I was an archer using newbie arrows at the time.

Aaah. UO memories - as fresh as the memory of losing my actual virginity
    Bluecrush likes this.
  9. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

Mongbat also a great Hart. I still hate that sound.
  10. DrFunke

DrFunke Active Member

Giant Rat.
    Was a young player just starting out on mining. Somehow got a horse early on but realized I couldn’t mine while mounted. The giant rat, who always wondered around the Occlo dungeon without attacking me (young player), aggroed on my horse the moment I hopped off. The rat was winning so I jumped in the fight. After killing the horse the rat turned on me, was a short fight. I was too prideful to run to safety and just took the beating hoping nobody saw the fiasco.
  11. T3h D4ve

T3h D4ve Well-Known Member

Rabbits.....figured how tough could they be, there's 4 here, I can get plenty of gains!
    May have possibly pulled in a dog, cat, and probably a rat or two before I realised how badly things were going to be going with minimal skills/stats.
    Yup, stamina helps.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I bought this game not knowing it was online let alone what online gaming was. When I first logged in, I seriously wasn't sure what the whole online aspect was about let alone, that there'd be other players there.

I started a character and was outside of town. A "human" came up to me and said hello. I thought it was some wicked cool AI. I talked for a bit and was amazed it responded so well to what I was saying.

It asked me if I wanted to see something cool... I said yes... it blew me up with an EXP.

My spirit animal is...

WhoIsYourDaddy
    Woobie and RIN like this.
  13. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You know, now that I think about it more, I first played UO in the demo... I know I died in it, but not sure what it was... maybe a hart or great hart...
  14. Woobie

Woobie Member

My friends got me excited about UO after sitting and just watching them play for hours on end. So I went and bought a computer, grabbed UO, installed, logged into Napa Valley where they played, and met them both at the West Brit Bank. (Sitting capital of the World) "First things first bud, lets go to our house and we will deck you out and get you started off properly." Oh boy! My buddies are so great! Walk into a gate one had summoned, and now we are standing in front of a SST, in the middle of nowhere. I see my second buddy cast Vas Ort Flam, didnt think anything of it. "Rico de Schwan is attacking you"

Yep my first death was my introductory to UO. My friends felt is was a helpful way to get me ready. They both recalled immediately afterwards though. I didn't see them till I went to one of thier dorm rooms an hour later where he was still laughing. Because I was wondering around as a ghost, of course NOT in war mode, so anyone I saw, didn't see me.

Dicks......

So yeah, my spirit animal I guess is an a-hole friend..... Buahhhhh
    Holden likes this.
  15. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

I was an up and coming musical superstar, honing my skills in the dungeons. Playing to all the ogre lords and rats to hear. Then it happened, my spirit animal emerged....

upload_2018-2-16_14-11-58.png
    @bart simpson

Thanks for my first death., long live UO:R!
    bart simpson, Imbol and RIN like this.