Staves drain stamina and are able to do special moves?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Drave, May 22, 2018.

1. Drave

Drave Active Member

That's all.

And for those three staves, which are best? Is a good weapon or best go for another mace weapon?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

Hello,

I believe that all mace weapons drain stamina correct me if I am wrong on that. The only mace weapon that can do the crushing blow special move is a war hammer. Some people like the quarterstaff for the speed but only repairs with fort powder. I have a force repond gnarled staff that works well against humanoids and a silver force war hammer that crushes undead.

The best way is to experiment for yourself and see what works well for your play style.
  3. Drave

Drave Active Member

I love the role play style of staves, but I'm not sure if worth it only for stamina drain (no special moves). A katana can hit as fast as staves and even can be poisoned (for example).
  4. Vincent Blackshadow

The stamina drain can be effective against big game such as bosses and minibosses as you can significantly reduce their ability to deal damage. If you use provo you can have another monster tanking damage for you. If you combine that with disco you can knock them down 20%.

Poison can also be very effective as a caster that is poisoned will be casting cure instead of offensive spells and non casters will be taking additional damage.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  6. Vincent Blackshadow

eherruh likes this.