Stealing, big deal?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by TreeHugger, Feb 24, 2017.

1. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

8 topics on the first page are dedicated to this topic.

Time to fix it, somehow.

Same guys posting over and over but many many different opinions. All come to the same conclusion that it has to be fixed.

8 first page topics and hundreds of ideas for fixes..... let's get this put into action
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

...so you make post #9? Telamon has already responded to most of the large themes in the posts.
    Baine likes this.
  3. TreeHugger

Sure did! Someone will probably make #10
    BlackEye likes this.
  4. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member
    UO:R Donor

getting guardwhacked by failing to steal a 1 stone item at gm stealing is a beautiful thing. how would gm mages appreciate failing to cast a heal spell at gm magery? or a tamer failing while having the same probability of success as a thief? I'm sure its difficult to tame something that requires 100 taming, but i'll be f**king damned if a gm tamer fails to tame something with a difficulty of 10-80's taming much like the wraith the thief feels. gtfo.
    LanDarr and One like this.
  5. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I'm not saying thieving isn't nerfed but you guys aren't helping your cause by flooding the forums.

It's like the Trump protests or the old 99%'er protests. People forget what its all about because its so damn annoying and disruptive. The masses just start hating the protestors for causing a scene. Not to mention some of your thief 'protestors' tend to be quite insulting to staff.

Use tact and act with purpose, then people will listen.
    Hydrox and TrojanCow like this.
  6. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Don't you think it's time to give it a rest? I mean, I think Telamon has heard and read everything by now. Changes aren't going to happen overnight, or even after a year. I remember when Telamon got all the pvpers in a private chat regarding changes mainly to factions. This chat and the dozens of suggestions given were about 2 years ago, if not longer. Still no changes to factions.

Sometimes there are bigger fish to fry. Sometimes you can catch more flies with honey and not with 10 threads of vinegar.
    bart simpson and One like this.
  7. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

It's not an entirely fitting example, imo. See, when you hit a mage while he is casting healing, he fails too. And that situation is similar: A thief never fails to steal a 1stone item, but he still can be punished for it, when NPCs are around and autowhack.

The vision of Staff here was, that banks and their surroundings are pretty safe. We can argue about that naturally. Whether this vision is cool or too trammelish. Or if it was poor implemented, for example that all NPCs guardwhack, not only guards. Or that the facing direction of NPCs doesn't matter (they have eyes on their backs).

PS: I find stuff like the way too often open green event center gates, or the trade window security for all parties (even non-trading 3rd party thieves) way more problematic. Also the weights and their blessed/newbied status of rewards and high-end rares. These things can be all be changed VERY easy and have been actually generated by the custom mechanics of UO:R.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    jihad joe likes this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

This "server's" view on stealing (vs players) as it is now and what it may become (see: no change) was made abundantly clear not one month ago.
  10. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Can we get a pointer to where this clear statement is ? After all the talk I am still not sure exactly where the staff want this to go...
    One, SteelyDan and BlackEye like this.
  11. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

Read my thread.
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Random : Which way to Yew ?

Joe : This way.
  13. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

[​IMG]
  14. BlackEye

15. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  16. TreeHugger

Well I just removed stealing off my thief!

Time to make a tamer!
    Kiryana and Blaise like this.
  17. BlackEye

^ Sounds like a 2015 @wylwrk !
    One likes this.
  18. yaadood

yaadood Member

Haha, this conversation is still going on?

I started here in 2012, and took a long hiatus logged in every once in a while, but some IRL friends have been playing so I logged in. Ridiculous.

5 years ago I was making the same complaints and copy/pasting old UO patch notes from OSI patches, proving these inaccuracies and unneccessary nerfing.

Now I come back and I can see that the trammies have won, yet again. Stealing is nerf'd still, does scribe give 10% bonus damage? permanent stat loss for reds (BS on a free system- pop. too low for any real danger I know I have a bard and a PK), tamers incredibly over powered, bards get nerfed. Love it hahahahaha

Runebooks still not blessed, unless you're a trammy and have 2.5 mill and waste your whole life leaving characters logged in.
    Felucca and Mandevu like this.
  19. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Similar to how hiding/stealth/detect/tracking all work together, what if secondary skills aided in stealing success rates?

For the skills, think arms lore and item ID. Both of these skills are already handy to the thief. Why not allow for bonuses to lift success rates when they coupled with snooping and stealing skill?
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member