stealing bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jack of Shadows, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

if I steal from a grey or a red, it's not supposed to cause me to go perma and have to wait to rez, it's also not supposed to make a person perma if you random steal and hit something like a blessed or newb item (which I believe it may)
    Jean-Pierre likes this.
  2. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This bug can affect a non-thief char as well from what I've seen.

I was on a character that wasn't in the thieves guild yet (but was working on stealing), when another player was grey in Occlo (I think due to polymorphing into a human). Naturally I saw an opportunity for a free steal so I stealthed up to him and stole something. A few minutes later he was able to attack me though because I was now perma-grey. I got away, but then wondered how the hell he was able to attack when I was blue... So, I went off somewhere to kill that char with an alt and sure enough that character who wasn't even in the thieves guild and who stole from a criminal was perma-grey. After dying my corpse was grey and the ghost was grey for 2 minutes.

I tried to duplicate this on the test server but was unable to unfortunately. There's definitely some bug though or certain scenario that can cause people to go perma-grey when stealing from criminals (grey or reds I guess) that shouldn't happen.