Stealth Question-AR restrictions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Soulbourne, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Soulbourne

Soulbourne New Member

So, from what I understand, stealth, even GM, is hit or miss with over 15/16 AR. But my question is: Is that base AR(Like full studded) or does it include enchants(So an invulnerable leather suit would be far too "heavy" for stealth to be fully effective).

I can understand why anything over studded would make sneaking around rather bothersome, but one would expect enchanted leather to be no louder or cumbersome than non-magic.
    Jupiter likes this.
  2. Soulbourne

Soulbourne New Member

After being directed to the test shard after a bit: With full exception barbed studded armor and a valorite heater shield I was able to stealth without trouble at GM.
    Vishakt likes this.
  3. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My experience is that you have fails with leather armor sometimes? Did you do statistically significant stealth attempts?
  4. Soulbourne

Soulbourne New Member

Nope, just did about 10 tries consistently at GM hiding/stealth. Mostly to test if AR had any signifigant effect rather than armor type instead. I did not test ringmail nor metal helms either to see if anything heavier would help(Or if there was something better than a leather cap) either.
  5. Var

Var Active Member

Our orc crew has to use regular barbed leather because studded barbed was not 100% at 100 skill. But this is also wearing an orc helm and prior to the last patch that tweaked dex and stuff with armor
  6. Mino

Mino Active Member

Tested this recently (GM Hiding + GM Stealth) and confirming GM Barbed Leather Armor without issues (+ defensive robe)

With Boots of the Rogue (+20 stealth) one can go with GM studded armor set I think.