Stop magic weapons / armor...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by zombiekitty13, Dec 13, 2012.

1. zombiekitty13

zombiekitty13 New Member

Can we please wipe all magic weapons / armor from PvP? Make them only useful for PvE only I would say. This isn't a whine because someone used a Vanq weapon on me - no, this is about making player crafted weapons / armor useful and help make PvP more fun for everyone.

Benefits would be reduced melee burst, more importance placed on a player's skill, GM Smith becomes more useful, etc. There really are no drawbacks here. PvE players could still use magic items versus monsters same as always. Johnny the 2h Vanq spear fighter may require a little more skill to play but I think most of us can agree that would be a plus.
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

There are runic weapons that crafters can create.
  3. zombiekitty13

zombiekitty13 New Member

Yes but those create magic weapons. I know it's done through the smithing system but that still leaves the other issues at hand.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Did you not pvp when melee was doing 1-8 dmg on avg? It sucked ass, nobody died.
  5. zombiekitty13

zombiekitty13 New Member

From what I read low melee damage was caused by a bug with armor absorb. Should be fixed now from what I've heard GMs talking
  6. FishTaco

FishTaco New Member

I'm really not sure how you think that something like this would even be possible?
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The more common events get and players hosting/practicing becomes, the more prevalent GM crafted items will become.
    Right now, there's a ton of magic weapons out there but that doesn't mean it's always going to be the case in duels. GM weapons are essential in determining a even match.
  8. GONG

GONG Member

Not everyone carries around VANQ weapons, and losing a vanq to anything always sucks. Risk vs reward. Also,, GM/exceptional weapons are by far the best for nude killing. Everything has its purpose.
  9. Caly

Caly New Member

I think the solution here is to adjust the drop system to what it aproximately was on OSI.
    Right now on drops u get more vanq and power than u get might and ruin.

Overall i think the vanq/power drops should be drastically reduced. That should also help to make gm weapons worthwhile.
  10. zombiekitty13

zombiekitty13 New Member

The way I feel is that magic items are granting a handicap to players who don't need one in the first place. On production shards everyone ran around with GM weapons because Vanq items were more rare and way more costly. Here I can purchase a Vanq weapon of my choice for no more than 3k gold. Theres really not much risk involved. What is 3k gold for someone who has already purchased a home and finished a char?
  11. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  12. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Magic weapons/ Armor aren't going anywhere it's part of uo, taking them out makes Mages OP so it's balanced. If you think magic weapons are bad, wait till people get there hands on high end runic weapons and bless them in factions, can't wait to read that thread.
  13. Gideon Jura

14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Actually it is, if you read what the person who started the thread said he asked that we removed all magic weapons & armor hence making Mages OP if you can only use GM weapons. Only thing that can make a dexxer compete with a good mage is a magic weapon. Gm weapons might work for pvm or against someone who doesn't know what they are doing but dexxers main offense is burst damage with magic weapons provide.
  15. Eisensaft

Eisensaft New Member

Well i think theres enough other stuff player blacksmiths can sell. plus they do have some nice bods.
  16. Gideon Jura

17. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Magic on weapons is broken? how so cause a vanq/ power hits harder then a Gm weapon.
  18. Gideon Jura

19. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

No... Just no.
  20. GONG

GONG Member

If vanqs are so cheap, its because of supply and demand. With all the free reign farming, it makes sense. I know when I farmed for gold when the server opened I was surprised at how much crap I got. There is not much of a check and balance to farming right now, so expect them to stay low for the foreseeable future.