Suggestion: Cure Potion Balance

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Zim, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Hiya.

Id like to formally propose a suggestion to lower the chance of Cure Potions to remove Deadly Poison, and even Greater Poison.

As it stands:

Cure Potions: have the following chances to cure poison: (3 Garlic to craft)
    15% chance to cure Lethal Poison (applied by monsters only)
    25% chance to cure Deadly Poison (highest level applicable by players)
    45% chance to cure Greater Poison
    95% chance to cure Standard Poison
    100% chance to cure Lesser Poison
    '

Greater Cure Potions: have the following chances to cure poison: (6 Garlic to craft)
    25% chance to cure Lethal Poison (applied by monsters only)
    45% chance to cure Deadly Poison (highest level applicable by players)
    75% chance to cure Greater Poison
    100% chance to cure Standard and Lesser Poison

I propose a 73r% DECREASE in chance to cure Deadly Poison.

--This will reduce the chance a Greater Cure potion's chance to cure DP to 33% .
    --This will reduce the chance a Normal Cure potion's chance to cure DP to 11%.

I think that this will throw poisoners a bone and balance out dexxers and mages who take poisoning as a skill.
    BrecMadak, PaddyOBrien, Cynic and 2 others like this.
  2. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I support this.
  3. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Right now, if you get 10x DPd, you need ~ 22pots. You propose to increase that pot amount to 30pots.

Not a huge change top balance, or? Maybe a DELAY inbetween chugging cure pots would help more?
  4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Maybe.... That would be the only other way to do it as I see it. The only problem I have with that is this... People who play uo are very used to the mechanics and the delays. I believe that messing with the actual delay would alienate many, MANY, vets and ultimately turn people away.

A 33% chance can lead to some HUGE streaks if the RNG gods show you disfavor. I personally think that 45% (pretty much a coin flip) is MUCH easier to hit than a 1in3 chance.
    I think it would be just subtle enough to make a difference but not too overt as to let any noob with a kryss and a 50% chance to inflict DP be godlike.
    Just dont want to make poisoning OP.

If it IS too subtle, we could always dial it back further and give a 25% chance to cure with a Greater Cure and 5% to cure with standard Cure potions.
    By playing with the rate in which it will actually remove the DP, I really think we could find a balance that would give a reasonable benefit to spending 50-100 points in poisoning, and not completely break the game and make DP a "must have" PvP skill.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

How did not only cure potions, but potions in general work during renaissance with OSI?

Hmm...
  6. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I remember at one time there was a bug where if you were deadly/lethal poisoned you could drink a lesser poison potion and "downgrade" the lethality of the poison to lesser and cure that way much easier. I think they got around to fixing it on osi around this era maybe.
  7. von Stuben

von Stuben Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

A delay to cure pots would be amazing. Currently I can run my pot macro and not have any issues... just press it and forget it.
  8. STAVROGIN

STAVROGIN Well-Known Member

delay to cure pots!! @Chris