Suggestion: Question/Help Board

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Zagyg, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Because it's not now clear where to ask questions and it would be helpful to have our questions and accumulated knowledge in one tidy spot instead of all over the place. :)

Until then though, I have a noob question - can monsters spell casting ever be disrupted? It's my impression now that the answer is no, but I hope I'm wrong.
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No, they auto cure, heal, and FS... oh and drain you of mana. These are serious... even Imps scare me! I bet if I had a few imps I could own pvp with tamer hehe.
  3. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

During Beta mobs would cast invis over and over it was really odd thing.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The general discussion forum for things exactly like this. Seeing the most activity on the boards, along with staff checking it daily you are likely to get a quick and informative answer to most questions.

What you might think is a trivial question, could actually be informative to other players, so it never hurts to ask.

However if you would like immediate help we offer a web based irc chatroom that you can hop into and ask our players and staff that hang out in there.

Note: The monster casting invisibility on themselves was fixed in patch 15.
  5. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I thought the invis was improved AI... it made me lose target sometimes, sneaky mages.
  6. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks for the information, Chris :)

@Wulver.... no kidding. Spell casters here are ridiculous. That's what is ultimately going to kill using a bard for me. A spell caster enters your little field of barding and starts blasting away and you absolutely HAVE to get some distance, which means that you've broken range and/or LOS, which means that everything is attacking you again, which gets old really quick. Not to mention unprofitable. It's clear that you can make more money per hour with a tamer, crafter, or dexer, maybe even a fisherman - AND be less vulnerable to PKs at the same time.
  7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yes, i try to avoid casting monsters with my bard. They also dont drop much if any gold worth the difficulty. I went to evil mages during test and the gold drop was pathetic... 100~ gold on a lord? haha
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Quick Note: We have not completed our review of the monster loot system, so you can expect some changes there based on our review of the RunUO defaults.

Also in the last patch a change was made to the monster AI to keep them from targeting players from beyond 10 tiles. So this experience might be improved a bit. (Patch 15, on 9-3)
  9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Thank you for looking into the loot balance. I do have to question about the targeting from over 10 tiles. This is only before targeting? Titans seem to be relentless in seeing me dismembered. You think you are safe 2 screens away and they teleport right next to you. This isnt really a bad thing because they drop decent loot and should be a bit challenging.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Was this a recent experience? Since tuesday?
  11. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yes, I ran away and figured I was far enough. Everything stops usually within a screen but he keeps coming. The no target until 10 is accurate but does that still apply when you leave the screen? Just wondering.
  12. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Monsters can track a player from a lot farther than 10 tiles away after they've already aggroed. I'm not sure what the max range is on their tracking but yeah it's pretty big. And they don't need to retarget you again until you've left their tracking radius.
  13. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yes, this only occurs with casting types. Thankfully, I can cast invis now. =D