Suggestion: Tinkered Golems

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Pekka, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

I know this is UOR but you also have the freedom to make the game what ye want it too. Tinkered Golems?

I do prefer to have all craftings on one single char and my smith cant protect himself and he used to have Golems protevting him until they made them useless atr OSI as they where tooo powerful they claimede and later a beetle instead for defense, so wouldnt it be great for similar characters to be able to defense themself while garthering and mining, at least from mobs, at least with a Tinkered Golem?

I could add mining to a char that are able to defend himself though. :)

//PekkusSmith - Former player at Europe Shard, former member of the United Blackmiths of Britania [UBB]
    One likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

You may have multiple npc mercenaries at your beckon call to guard you. I recommend paladins which you may find at a pub (of all places to find a paladin?) just off the docks south of town in Ocllo.

G'luck on getting beetles added to UO Renaissance.
  3. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Very good suggestion really. :) I tested the NPC adventuerers yesterday and they are more effective then I thought but the Lepricorn got her quickly.

But I Think I got a nice solution as well, I will dropp Mining from my Smith and add it to my Lumberjacker, which makes sence, as he will be able do defend himself with a big axe while mining. :)

Well a nice goal for a tinkerer is still to be able to create a Golem. :)

//Pekka
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

What's a paladin?
    snap dragon likes this.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Ultima IX really did ruin the entire series...
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

PaddyOBrien likes this.
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I supplied that answer a month or two ago to the same question in another thread... gotta mix it up.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  9. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

@wylwrk ok just making sure everyone knows where it's from and how terrible UO ascention is.

[​IMG]
  10. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Hahahahah that was you??? :D
    snap dragon likes this.
  11. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

I have played half Ultima VII a couple of weeks ago. :) It works perfect together with Exult for Linux and it is a good game really.

//Pekka
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I will always hold that screenshot comic strip dear to my heart. Just....true mastery of the opportunity.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  14. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Thanks One.

The tamer/miner looks very interesting really.

Well I made a Swordsman that will weild axes, with Lumberjack and Mining. The backside would be gating but he will at least be able to recall I planned. I do have a couple of different mages setups on a different account, well one T-hunter and one bard so when the day comes that the miner will get specific ore, well lets say Valorite, one of the mages could stand by, open gates to the right locations so the Axe-fighter could get both to the spot and back again.

If there is not a good ore map, or ore runebooks available at the rune libraries, I will start making maps and mining runebooks that I will later sell, which I used to do at the Europe Shard. Maps, if there is no at the forum, I will most likely publish them, which I did at Europe as well as I think there will be enough orespots for most players to dig out anyway. :) When I get the runebooks sorted out, The Axe-fighter/miner will simply recall back and forth between the spots without a pack-animal.

I really like the idea of hirering a couple of paladins if I plan to mine with a pack-animal. It would not cost much to hire 3 of them for a mining evening.

When it come to crafting, I have a char called PekkusSmith (was originally member of [UBB], United Blacksmiths of Britania), that has:
    • Blacksmithing
    • Tinkering
    • Tailoring
    • Carpentry
    • Music
    • Magery
    I dropped Mining from him.

My Archer has Fletching.

Stonecrafting is a waste of time I suppose, as I made a couple of stone stuff, put some at the house and some at the vendor, but they did not sell so good really. What I did sell a lot of at Europe was Colored Leather sets combined with colored clothes from Bods, made some nice hue combinations that became popular, specially among the neibhour Tamers and within my guild. 2 right colors combined right, will make a cool complete outfit if you ask me. :)

//Pekka
    One likes this.