Suggestion to make cutting leather less of a pain

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by nightshark, Mar 8, 2014.

1. nightshark

nightshark Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Is there any particular reason why leather can not be cut outside of your backpack? Leather weighs a lot and it would be nice to be able to cut a huge pile of thousands of leather.

Currently to do this you have to set up a macro to lift, say, 60 leather to your backpack, cut it and then put it in another box. This is tedious in the same way cutting bandages one at a time is tedious. When gathering leather sometimes this will require you to drop your current (already cut) leather on the ground if you want to pick up and cut more leather. I think this adds nothing to the game experience.

The only issue I can see is that this may cause leather to goto your pack and cause you to become overloaded, however this could be circumvented just by having the leather turn into cut leather while on the ground, the same way cloth does.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  2. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I can agree with that, I think on prodo you could drag what you wanted to cut and hit a last object/target macro with the scissors as a solution
  3. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

Is there are way to auto-loot all gold of Monsters on kill?
    I think the one question equals the other.
    Gathering ressources should not be easy moded. If gathering is more easy this means the prices drop.
  4. nightshark

nightshark Member

How is that the same at all?

The entire process does not take long enough for the prices to drop imo, it's just a matter of it not adding anything to gameplay. You can argue the same thing about cutting bandages one at a time - why don't we have that? Is it preferrable to make things tedious?
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I think part of the difficulty lies in ensuring you should have access to cut the hides, and a quick and easy way to know that is if it's in your backpack. My hunch is it's an annoying thing to fix properly.
  6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Cloth/bandages can be cut outside the players pack, I can't imagine leather being too much different.