Summoner Wars - Hosted by Project Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Lord Krake, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Greetings UO:R! Project Sanctuary is proud to announce a server wide event we will be hosting!
    Summoner Wars!
    What:
    A battle of wits and magic for the delight of the crowd and piles of gold!
    --- The contestants will summon animals and elementals to do battle against each other.
    -- Teams of 2 (2v2) as well as registration for 1v1, and a free-for-all to end the event.

When: November 21st, 8pm Central Time (9pm Est, 7pm Mnt.,6pm Pst)

Where: WispFelt Tower! Thank you Westra!

Rules:
    Teams can register for either or both:
    2v2 Animal (Kal Xen) fights - summon random animals to compete
    1v1 Daemon (Kal Vas Xen Corp) fights - Summon those daemons and destroy each other

There is an open registration for the Elemental Free For All for any who show up! Just come to the event and when that free for all round drops, summon an elemental and have at it.

Teams are allowed to buff their own summons (Strength, Agility, Cunning and Bless)
    Teams are NOT allowed to heal or cure their summons
    Teams are NOT allowed to cast anything on the opposing team's summons

Fight to the death - single elimination rounds (possibly best of three, depending on how many teams register)

Prizes:
    The prize pool will grow as more people donate out of the goodness of their hearts!
    Gideon Jura has agreed to MATCH all player gold donations 1:1 for this event's gold awards!!

Currently: 1 million in prizes!
    1st place - 2v2: 350k per team
    1st place - 1v1: 200k
    2nd place - 2v2: 250k per team
    2nd place - 1v1: 150k

Free-for-All winner: Clothing Bless Deed!!

Door prizes of 5k! Winners to be drawn in between rounds.
    REMEMBER this will all increase if we get more donations!

Project Sanctuary will provide all regs and scrolls for casting.

Not a mage, but want to participate?
    Find a proxy caster! Its our hope that players who do not have enough magery can still participate. Project Sanctuary will provide proxy casters, and we are hoping that the community will also be willing to set up some proxy casters for those who wish to have fun with this. So start wheeling and dealing now!

Questions? Donations? Send em all my way.

If you would like to register for this event, please respond to this thread with
    1. Your team name and members
    2. Which event(s) you are registering for (2v2, 1v1)
    3. If you are willing to be a proxy caster.

Thanks everybody.

~Project Sanctuary
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Valrick, The Musician, Zyler and 4 others like this.
  2. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

Ok so we cast summon creature for the 2v2 and we summon elemtals or deamons for 1v1?

We can buff them but not heal them. Then we send them in to beat the other trams' summoned creatures? Can we re-summon if we don't like first choice? Or you cast and are stuck with what you get?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

So if someone's daemon instantly dispels the other person daemon, that's a win correct?
    Halabinder and Lord Krake like this.
  5. Lord Krake

@Halabinder - Summon Creature for the 2v2. One chance to summon. Than randomness of the summons is part of the fun.
    The 1v1 is Daemons only.
    The Free For All is only elementals (any one you want).

Summon, buff up, send in to kill other teams summons.

@koncept - Oh yes. That is a win ( if that consistently happens we might change the rules and do some 2v2 Deamons).
    Jupiter and Halabinder like this.
  6. Halabinder

Unfortunately I cannot commit to the actual event yet because my brother's birthday is on the 23rd and he may want to go out Friday night. I'll come if he wants to go out Saturday night. But I will donate 50k to the event. CHOOOOCHOOOOOO

I would try to find a partner because that's just more fun but can someone just run two accounts if they want?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  7. Lord Krake

@Halabinder - Thanks for the donation sir! I will make sure @Gideon Jura sees this.

As for the teams: I would greatly appreciate and hope that the community teams up and not runs two account, but I dont have a way to enforce that. Honor system :)
    Halabinder likes this.
  8. Athena

Athena Active Member

I can offer my services as a proxy caster. I tend to make many serpents and scorpions when I summon creature to attack Jupiter so pick me!
    Lord Krake, Jupiter and Halabinder like this.
  9. Halabinder

Oh God not the Horror System!!!!! Just kidding. Sounds good. I'm just asking the questions that I feel may need to be asked. I will also bump my BagBall event ahead of yours this week because the sign ups end Thursday and the event is on Saturday, but I promise to bump yours in the two weeks following to make sure people see the event. Thank you for taking the initiative to get more events going!
    Lord Krake and Jupiter like this.
  10. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I've conducted a lot of demon duels on this shard and I have yet to see a summon dispel another summon.
    garvey, Halabinder and Lord Krake like this.
  11. Peon

Peon Member

What is the latest date a person can register on? and is a team of two required? or am I able to just enter the 1v1 daemon duels?
    and am I allowed to damage my own pet?
    Lord Krake likes this.
  12. Lord Krake

@Peon - The event is on the 21st, so we would like all teams registered by the evening of the 19th so we can make up the brackets.
    You are invited to register for either the 2v2 or the 1v1 or both! And you will automatically be registered in the FFA for even showing up.
    We had not intended on having any spells other than Strength, Agility, Cunning and Bless cast during the fights. I am not sure why one would want to damage their own pets. Explain?
    Peon likes this.
  13. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

1. "The Lone Summoner", Guerrero
    2. (1v1)
    3. Yes I am willing.
    Lord Krake likes this.
  14. Peon

Peon Member

There is the possibility that my daemon would be paralyzed so a quick magic arrow would break the paralyzation, and is arch protection against the rules? And there is also no mention of not being able to bandage would that be allowed. Sorry for all the questions I'm a curious person.
    Halabinder likes this.
  15. Lord Krake

All Good @Peon ! Good questions:

1. Paralyze is part of the game I suppose, so no taking measures to get your summon out of it.
    2. Archprotection is out, micromanaging spells is what we are going for here.
    3. You wont actually be in the ring with your summons, so bandaging them is also not in the cards!
    Peon and Halabinder like this.
  16. Peon

Peon Member

@Lord Krake Awesome :D

Thank you for your response. I hope there is a good turn out to your event. If I think of anymore questions I'll be sure to ask.
    I will personally have to sign up at a little bit of a later date. I can't see that far into the future with my current schedule unfortunately life gets in the way of games some times:D GL
    Halabinder and Lord Krake like this.
  17. Lord Krake

Updated prize pool!

Clothing Bless Deed -- what?!!?

This is still a few weeks away, but any hype I can generate will be coming at ya!
    Jupiter and Halabinder like this.
  18. Halabinder

I need to bless my Ref Uniform! It's too early to commit but at least 3 of us are interested and will be taking part as long as RL schedules permit.
    Jupiter and Lord Krake like this.
  19. Lord Krake

Bumping this!

We have some more prizes, both gold and items, that are about to be dropped into the pool.

Sign up! Come have fun, even if its just to watch! Drop some more donations if you are willing, to be matched by Gideon!

Thanks!
  20. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Great fun for all.....

You're most welcome concerning the tower...WispFelt was conceived as a Village for the community, so always glad to give a hand....Thank you for asking

Westra
    Lord Krake likes this.