SUMMONING OF THE HARROWER

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Jupiter, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story is being cross posted to serve as the announcement of the Summoning of the Harrower on 3/19/2014

The great power of the race of dragons is often mistakenly presumed to be in their massive size and mortifying ability to incinerate a full city acre in minutes. But any who have spent time studying this noble race, learned that their true power rests not in their physical power, but in their vast knowledge which is retained in almost perfect line from sire to dragonling, with some lines reaching the span of eons.

The race of men boasts of their technological prowess to be able to record their language and pass their knowledge from generation to generation. Their methods started on markings carved into stretched tree bark until the common method of mixture of wool and dried tree roots for coloring. But this pales in comparison with the uncanny method used by dragons to pass knowledge from generation to generation. While it isn’t completely understood how the knowledge is transferred, many wizards understand it is somehow linked to a dragonling’s egg shell and the cryptic runes that they all bear. Many have risked life and honor to steal such a treasure to try and study it, few have succeeded, and none have been able to unravel their mystery.

But being the all-knowing and omniscient narrator that I am, I have obtained the consent of dragonkind to share you this much – just as a tree bears the history of her life within the rings of her trunk, similarly a dragon’s egg bears record of the entire history of their line. And ever shall be recorded on the lines of thousands of dragon lines the mark of the Great ones who faced the Harrower twice in the same life cylce.

This generation, that you live in now, is the one which shall live through this peril.

===================================

It had only been mere months since the Harrower had been found deep within the dungeon of Fire. Sensing it’s champions had all been defeated, it sprouted too soon to bear it’s full strength. In a bold and calculated move the Harrower germinated, knowing it would be defeated soundly, but this was what it was counting on. The race of men, known for their proud and foolish nature, would presume themselves mighty and would not notice the tiny spores that seeded themselves under the wings of the massive dragon creatures which had been brought to seal it’s defeat. And so it was on the Eights of March, that the race of men returned home to their fortresses and stone-crafted hovels regaling themselves as victors, but the race of dragons knew better, they knew the victory had come at a great price but one which they were willing to pay to ensure their noble race would endure eons more.

And so the dragons convinced their masters that the champions of the harrower should be defeated again and quickly. For the dragons knew they would stand no chance of defeating the harrower again if any of its wretched champions still stood! And so the names of the Elder Dragons Hel, Freya, Smrg, and Trust would be etched into the shells of all dragon lines to come as those who led the humans twice into battle against the Harrower and it’s champions. A legend that no other dragons would soon relive!

TL;DR – THE HARROWER WILL BE SUMMONED AGAIN THIS WEDNESDAY! 3/19/2014 at 9:30 PM CST
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Lethius, AlexCCCP, boothby and 6 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

^ bump

updated for correction to time
    Mes likes this.
  3. Jupiter

^ don't miss the harrowing of the harrower
    Wise likes this.
  4. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thats 10:30pm EST and 7:30pm PST
  5. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Wut dis.....umies en da cabes??
    Grah...kant hab dat.......*looks for his spear*
  6. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

Dem umies wehl be owr shinie gukka's *snarls*
  7. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i heard this was tonight
  8. Jupiter

TL;DR – THE HARROWER WILL BE SUMMONED AGAIN THIS WEDNESDAY! 3/19/2014 at 9:30 PM CST

That's 10 30 est 8 30 mst 7 30 pst
  9. Descartes

Descartes Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Should be fun. Thanks for doing this, again!
    Wise likes this.
  10. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Had an amazing time, thanks Jupiter and everyone else involved.

3 cheers for Jupiter and the VoP community!
  11. Miller-

Miller- Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Thanks for setting this up Jupiter and VoP! Quite a mess of people down there! Special thanks to whomever got into that back room and took care of that last tenticle - it coulda been a heck of a lot worse had you not done that.
  12. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Graahhhh....CHEEDUR UMIES!!! Whi uu hab tu mojo huule behynd uz......gess ee clomp uu negzd tyme.....
  13. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Was crazy, and fun. Thanks.
    Mes likes this.
  14. Jupiter

thank you but the credit all goes to Mes and crew. i was merely the messenger asked to announce it :)

I'd like to pretend I could manage 6 Champions Spawns, but I can barely handle a Strong Mongbat...
  15. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

some pictures, I apologize for my offensive map art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lethius and Jupiter like this.
  16. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Was a great time,next time though I will make sure we are at a point where you umies cant come in behind us......we stood at our roadblock for about 10 minutes before we realized you could come in behind us....

CHEEDUR UMIES!!!!!

NOOOGRAAH!!!!!
    Mes likes this.
  17. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed it, I was detained in the southern jungles trying to escape a deranged lizard-man shaman and an entire village of lizard-men zombies. That will serve me, as I will not be trusting barefoot messengers bearing "secret" information regarding ruby soul gems at anytime in the future.