Surveyors Tool

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lucian Kaine, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Lucian Kaine

Lucian Kaine New Member

Its been over 12 years since I've played UO and I just recently started playing here roughly 25 days ago. Originally began my UO playing in 99' on OSI Chessy and continued until I quit soon after the release of the Samurai edition. I can't recall exactly when the Surveyors Tool was implemented, so I'm not sure if it was applicable to the UOR era. However, after searching the forums I haven't seen any discussion on whether or not something like this would ever be implemented. I have noticed lots of folks talking about using the Test Server to test placing houses. Would be nice to avoid having to do that and instead have the Surveyors Tool to test place houses in real time.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

@Chris Would this be something of consideration?
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Here house deeds are refundable 100% so you can check the placement of a house with no loss. I think people are often checking on test to see if you can fit a different type of house in a spot where a house currently is on live. This is because its safer/easier to play around with house placement on test, without having to move all of the current houses contents or risk someone else placing a house on your spot while it is up and you are trying to measure tiles.

I do believe that the surveyors tool came a couple years after the UOR era.
  3. Lucian Kaine

Lucian Kaine New Member

I just did a little more research and it appears that it was implemented near the very end of the UOSA era.
    I guess it's 6 one way, half a dozen another. I just like the convenience of the tool :). I noticed a lot of folks asking for the implementation of things that are far and wide out of the spectrum of this era (most of which hasn't been granted by the staff and I'm glad it hasn't lol). So I figured I'd try and spark a conversation on implementing something that wouldn't interfere with gameplay in the least bit, but would bring some convenience to new players who can't afford to buy a house deed that's on their wish list to test place in locations that they believe may or may not be suitable. This would allow newer players the ability to scout possible future locations to place houses during their travels hunting/gathering. This wouldn't apply so much for testing if bigger houses will fit in areas that you already have a house placed (that's where I suppose using the test server would better suit your needs).
    @Chris

-Thank you for the feedback by the way
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Arawn likes this.