Surviving the Holidays

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Tpain, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Tpain

Tpain Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So in order to avoid anything horrible happening to you, during this festive time of year. I wanted to go over some quick reminders to keeping your precious pixels safe.

Number one: Avoid house looting.

This is what I do on every single character for a visual reminder to check every time I open the door to my house.
    Tracking helps, but nothing beats detect hidden, and controlling locked doors.

[​IMG]
    Here is the skill, pulled from the list, sitting and ready to be clicked. DETECT HIDDEN after every time you open a door, or release a lockdown.

Number two: Bank Bombing
    This is just as it sounds. Murdering innocent AFK players IN TOWN.
    In order to show off all your gear safely this year, and not come back to a ghost, put everything inside your bank that is not blessed or newbied.

All it takes is one nightshade to cast poison, then die with nothing and run back to poison again. If you want to sit in town safely, I suggest doing it with a restock healer next to you. Cross healing should be enough, and only risking 1 bandage at a time in your bags, is completely reasonable. Just make sure you have enough bandages in your bank to keep you alive for Xhours.
    [​IMG]

Repeat until the target dies, then run back and loot his items.
    [​IMG]

Number three: Avoid thiefs taking your holiday coins with a lockable box!

Keep the key in your backpack, and lock the box. If the key is stolen, just return home, break the box and get another. The box is too heavy to steal, and the items inside cant be stolen by being targeted.

When killing elves, its important to reveal right before they die, and maybe again right before you gate away. Clever thiefs may keep their distance until you gate out, then follow you in the gate, and try to steal from you, or enter your house.

Thank you for reading, I hope this helps in your travels. Happy Holidays to all
    Xegugg, eherruh, Halabinder and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Great post TPain, Merry Christmas
    eherruh, Cherie and One like this.