Swing Speed and Dex

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Eldon, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Eldon

Eldon New Member

Sorry if this has been discussed already.

I've noticed on this server that swing speed is significatnly increased. It seems that the fighter I'm working on swings as if he had like 80+ dexterity, even though he only has about 45. This point - taken with the feature of 0 mount fatigue - makes me curious about how important dexterity is on this server.

Will there be a huge difference between my low dex swings and once I'm at 100? Would it be more worth while to drop dex and have a larger mana pool?
  2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Depends, its based on stam. And caps at 1.25 seconds. So the longer you keep your stam above the cap the better. So if you were running a dexxer at 100 dex = 100 stam. You would swing at the max for longer as your stamina went down from getting hit or running through people. Also bandages will heal faster. I suppose it depends on what you were building? Each weapon has different speeds and different stamina requirements to hit the max swing speed. I guess what i'm saying is the slower 2 handed weapons the more dex you have the better, for quick 1 handers like a kryss or katana, you could probably get away with more mana and slightly lower dex.
  3. Eldon

Eldon New Member

Thanks for the clear answer. My dexxer had parry and mainly uses longsword/boradsword. Therefore, I think it might be worth while for me to up my mana pool and be able to use more magic.
  4. Kryptonical

Kryptonical Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Tater any chance you'd have the exact numbers per tick?

on other shard I had something (that I lost :/) that had the exact swing timers per tick per dex lvl.

IE: I discovered, assuming you had full stam, that had 87 dex you'd swing just has fast as up to 95 dex due to the ticks and timing
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I run 84 Str/91Dex/50Int on my Archer/Fencer. Seems pretty solid so far and I hit heals/cures in about 10.5 s with bandies :)

Just sharing on top of the great explaination Tater gave.