Switching provo instruments?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Willy, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

So might be a stupid question
    but when im provoing my macro just used the last instrument i used
    if im fighting dead and undead and want to switch between silver and exeptional or whatever is there an easy way to do this?
    can i make one macro for regular and one for silver?
  2. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yup. Just add a dbl click on the correct instrument before the provo.

Macro A:
    Dbl Click (GM execpt)
    Use skill provo

Macro B
    Dbl Click (Silver instrument)
    Use skill provo

Keep in mind you'll need to update your macros everytime an instrument breaks.

OR

The alternative is to use different types of instruments...GM lutes and Silver tamborines

Macro A:
    Dbl Click By type lute
    Use skill provo

Macro B
    Dbl Click by type tambourine
    Use skill provo
    Huzke, Nusir and Willy like this.
  3. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

4. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

I try to keep things simple with provo. Automation is great, but Im already so dangerously low on good hotkeys to use...

I if I want to switch instruments I just 2ble click before I provo personally. The macros discussed above would work too but specifically for provo I like to keep things manual and automate as minimal as possible...Perhaps just my preference.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

I agree completely! Specially in targetting. That is why I did not put anything else in the macro as I strongly suggest NOT using a macro to target.
  6. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Yeah i tried setting up different macros it didnt work well for me

so your saying if i double click in instrument first it will play that instrument when i use my provo hotkey?
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Correct.
  8. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

This is weird i know, but i usually set gm/slayer instrument slayer in a specific spot in my pack. For example, ill line them up on the top right and usually carry 3 different kinds as im too lazy to switch them out. Reptile left side, silver in middle and gm instrument on right. I tend to use those 3 the most so i consider them my standards. Anything else im prob not bouncing around from spawn to spawn the most.

It helps me to know which instrument to double click if im in the heat of the battle or when im about to spawn hop and i dont have to single click to because i forgot which one is which. I dont like to over do it with hotkeys and sometimes prefer the manual approach.
  9. Brick

Brick Member

This is what I use:

Double Click (lute (0EB#))
    Pause .25sec
    UseSkill Provocation
    Pause .25 sec
    Absolute Target
    Pause .25 sec
    Absolute Target
    Pause 5 sec

Make it a habit to target any tools you use for stuff by type, in this case however, use absolute target instead of by type, and just make two macros. Use one corner of your bag for each instrument so they don't get mixed up, should work fine.

A failed provoke attempt will let you retry in 5 seconds, a successful one gives the normal 10 second timer. I add in the pauses in all my macros, either .25 or .50, because over the years I just found razor to loop through too quickly and occasionally skip over actions. So this macro will catch any failed attempts but play the instrument even if it was a successful attempt.

Protip when raising musicianship on a new character, add it in like every macro. It functions off it's own timer, so you can use the instrument and then for example use meditation. For a provo mage you could work on magery, meditation, eval, music, and resist all at the same time.