t2a Recalling

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ok so recently we have been able to recall into t2a dungeons.

I honestly was at first opposed to this feature, but I think its really cool now and should be kept.

I think it makes more of the world accessible to everyone! and that is more fun!

I would really like to see staff leave this feature as it is now, where u can recall into t2a dungeons but not to t2a directly.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?
  2. Seth Able

Seth Able New Member

I hate dungeon recalling, period.
    Falx likes this.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

It was confusing and got me stuck in Terathan Keep at first. It needs to change back, Terathan Keep is LL connected, I believe they are correcting this issue. A del entry vendor house would also become worthless. Seth, that does make sense to block dungeon recalling, being able to recall in removes 90% of most dungeon content.
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I like the way it is
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Making recalls into delucia and papua won't be a bad thing in my opinion.

It maintains the idea in the OP of making the lands more accessible to newer players but at the same time it does not make the lives of PKs easier because if they recall into town they might get insta-whacked.
  6. yaadood

yaadood Member

What is the current system?

I was sort of confused when I could not recall back to Papua from Ice Fiends, and couldn't recall back to temple island either... what gives?
  7. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Do we have more discussion on this that I'm missing? The ability to recall straight to t2a was introduced in Dec 2000. Is that past a cutoff?
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I am %100 in favor of removing any and all recall/gate restrictions between the lands. At the worst, maybe continue to disallow recall into Khaldun, but I'm also in favor of blocking recall/gate into dungeons entirely. Recall out, gate out, sure but you have to walk in. :)

Keeping the travel restrictions for nostalgia alone, is imperfect.
  9. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

And taken back away around the time period this server emulates. I believe the intention was to protect champ spawns from players recalling in around them or at them. You were also not able to recall into dungeons.

Sometimes guilds had to battle others to protect their champ spawns and it would have been more difficult if players/thieves/pks/moochers could recall in from any direction. This did produce some choke points and bottle necking that you might argue was necessary in a large battle.

What we have here is the immediate champ spawn region is not recall-able.

In any case, it's not my intention to influence the decisions about the mechanics, just inform.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is more a nostalgia mechanic than anything else.

Most players fondly remember the days of the T2A entrances and by allowing recall back and forth this removes a bit of the classic feel.

It was our determination as well that the ability to recall directly to T2A was a mechanic added alongside trammel and was thus a trammel inspired change.

We do however need to clarify our process and address some of the dungeon recall access oddities that still exist in T2A.

All that aside its a fair point to discuss if players have opinions on the matter.
  11. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

I like the current mechanics as they are.
  12. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I personally don't care all that much either way. More of a curiosity than anything.
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

When I reviewed this over a year ago, as best I could tell this change was made after the advent of trammel, possibly for the reason Mes mentioned. I think at that point EA had bought OSI and alot of the classic fantasy elements of the game were being stripped away.

An argument can be made for the entrances existing because you needed to purchase T2A to get there as well.

Overall the T2A entrances are some of the cooler locations in the game and by requiring that aspects its a chance for players to appreciate those aspects that might otherwise be missed.
    Eddard Vahanian and Wise like this.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Never appreciated it and have always only seen it as a nuisance that keeps me out of T2A maybe moreso than the shitty terrain. :)
    Baine likes this.
  15. Urza

Urza Active Member

This would not have any effect on me. Do it.
  16. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

This would be good for me.
  17. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

But then what will all those people who have recdu / recsu built into their bank macro do????
    Samuel Colt and Vlar like this.
  18. Urza

Urza Active Member

True, it would lose some of its uniqueness and I would hate to see Delucia become the next Brit bank like hybrid.
  19. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Blaise. I know very little about the T2A lands simply because it's just so damn annoying to move around once I'm there. I think that may also be the reason why so many people don't care about what happens to T2A... because they don't even go there.

Maybe if we require people to access and exit T2A only via the passages but allow recalling within T2A. I think this would keep the passage-nostalgia intact but also open up more spaws, champs, etc. to all UOR members.
  20. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

This is how it works now. You can recall at will, within T2A, but you cannot recall back to the old lands directly.