Tailoring BODs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Avery, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm not sure if you'd call this a bug, but I think it should be changed. I went to the tailor to get my bod but my backpack was at 125 items. The tailor offered me the bod, I accepted it, but then she said that my backpack was too full to carry it. I dropped a saw on the ground to make room and asked for the bod again but she said I had to wait another 6 hours. Good thing it was a crappy bod :/
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you cancel the BoD request gump in any way, it resets the 6 hour timer. Kinda crappy but has only gotten me once or twice, and fortunately for crappy BoDs. :)
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Whenever I get a good one show up in the gump, I click on my backpack and make sure it's 123 items or less. If not, just drop an item and then accept. I've definitely lost as much as a dozen or so, if turning in with rapid succession, but fortunately like you guys I haven't lost anything amazing yet.
  4. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

But I didn't cancel the bod request. I accepted it and she didn't give it to me. Telamon, is there any way to make them exceed your pack limit or have them give you a minute to drop something from your pack?
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Probably not wise to allow for something to exceed pack limit. I'd guess the best plan here would be to have a check in the "order status" script that allows for a condition in which the shopkeeper checks pack quantity and won't even go to the BOD generation process if you're at or over 123 or 124 items.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Without the afk system this would be an issue as people could get unlimited BOD's.

As for the backpack check I can just see about adding a secondary check earlier in the process.

Imagine if it allowed you to fill your pack, accept a BOD, since you cant carry it it resets. If it allowed you to get another people would just game the server to endlessly cycle BOD's to get the one they wanted.

When I work on crafting for the upcoming patch I will review an earlier "canhold" check to resolve this.
  7. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  8. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

Good warning to everyone until this can be resolved.