Tamer Debuff.. There I said it.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by jihad joe, May 17, 2019.

Would you be interested in seeing this implemented?

1. Yay

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Nay

18 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Yay, but--

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Guys, when you think in Tammers you only think about the High end tammers that you met at yours high end pvp scenes..
    Remember that exist a entire universe of standard tammers(like me) and is not easy to them lead with skill loose of his pets when they get dead... most of us dont have a entire structure to recover all that skill loss fast. My case for example, you guys dont have idea of my everyday struggle to keep the magery of them up to 90 and their resist up to 60 :D

Tammers need Love too, stop hating them.
    PaddyOBrien, LanDarr and Hollywood like this.
  2. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

Having a pet with over 3 murder counts that exhaust over the period of a short term murder count isn't something I would consider as a standard tamer. For most, I think this change would not impact, but for those who continually kill innocent people, it would make them think twice. I would think.

Thank you everybody for the civil dialogue, there are a lot of good points being made by all.
    Xavant_BR and One like this.
  3. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Yeah i understood jihad... that's was just a question about the moments itself and not the about your proposal.. that in mine point of view is not a big change and would only affect a minority of the tamers... what i want to reinforce is: hey people, don't get mad with dont get mad with the tammers, get mad only with the motherfucker ones.. :D
  4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

I voted yes because it really is out of control.

The way I see it, its because of two things.

1: 8 Control Slots
    8 Control slots really pooched it in my opinion. If youre gonna have control slots at ALL, 5 is pretty balanced. Still, Id prefer a tweaked old school way of infinite control slots. Every pet thats over the limit of 5 control has an ever increasing chance of not listening. At some point, to be determined through careful testing, each animal after a certain point has an ever increasing chance to just go wild and un-tame itself.

2: Pet Bonding
    Id like to see a revert to no bonded pets ever. Having a fully trained anything should have a risk worth the reward. You wanna fully train your dragon and have it wtf-kerspoon? Go right ahead. If it dies though, then you lose all that time. Id say money, but if this was how it was Id see people only training the offensive stats with a shadow golem or whatever, and thats free + bandages, which are also free.
    Just about everything in the game is like this. You risk losing youre stuff when you go out.

The very few things are risk free in this game. Two examples are begging and taming.
    Khari, Earsnot, Xavant_BR and 2 others like this.
  5. Miami

Miami Active Member

This

Why is there such a perk for tamers and no other skills? Is one or two bonded pets not suffice for the standard tamer of UOR? Pet Bonding is definitely not perfected, its clearly being abused within the the basic mechanics of the game with UO Razor, which wasn't allowed in the original game. This is an easy fix, reduce the amount of bondable pets. When you die, you shouldn't be able to resurrect four pets, one, OK, two, SURE with a zoo keeper scroll but four??
    Khari, One and Earsnot like this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

[​IMG]

Yeah I get it, Trammel...

But while tamers get three blessed WMDs at a time I've never really seen the consistency in not letting dexxers bless a single non-runic weapon.

Better still would be nothing blessed at all except spellbooks.
  7. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

8. Khari

Khari Member

9. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Suggested before.
    With the addition of a pretty fucking useless skill being potentially brought back into viable templates.

People have been asking for years to be able to Provo onto players and to be able to combat tamed creatures via any method other than straight combat.

At the very least add in a pet command cool down period like we have with every skill.

Even if you could Provo a pet onto a player they could just spam 30 ALL stops in seconds and then go back to all kills before you've even been allowed to use Provo or peace skill again.

@Khari
    Alvien and Khari like this.
  10. Khari

Khari Member

Hey I'm only less than 2 weeks into playing on this server with 3 bards. I feel like if I agree, which I do, that because I've struggled to understand tamers in almost every iteration of UO when it comes to balance, that I'm biased and am beating a dead horse...or nightmare, or white wyrm or dragon. In the olden days of 1 account, 1 person, 1 template, it made far less of a difference than 3+ accounts with automated commands. I cannot comment on PvP here, especially playing from Australia with a bastard ping, but geez I am suprised, especially with pet bonding, how darn good a certain template has it. Before pet bonding in this era, whilst you could tame an army of dragons, you'd lose them!
    Miami and Earsnot like this.
  11. Earsnot

Just for the record I don't hold or harbour any anger or negativity towards Chris for things being the way they are, UOR is a world and every single element change has the potential for an extreme butterfly effect in that world.

You could spend months tweaking and nerding the fuck out over every line of code and potential repercussion thinking you've nailed it and 5 minutes into it being live everyone's walking around 1 tile under the floor naked with white skin and a spell book that explodes when you cast recall.

Shit happens.
  12. Earsnot

This is a GREAT server, IMO it's hand down the BEST server going right now. But to truly actualise the history perfected tag line some more balance is, IMO, necessary.

With Tamers being at the helm of that necessary power redistribution/balancing.
    Khari likes this.
  13. Khari

Khari Member

I agree this is a great server (from my limited experience) because it replicates the era I was most fond of, tamer(and other) warts and all. I lived (and loved tamer friends and enemies back then) and I will happily do so again. I might have the occasional gripe, bordering on a suggestion, but overall I can still play the game that I love here, which I would struggle to do elsewhere.
  14. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

On every single server Ive played on, Ive had a peacemaking mage just to fight tamers. It worked really well here too, but then it got nerfed. You used to have to hit your pets (theyd aggro the master) and break the peace like any other mob, now all you have to do is give a command.
    Alvien, wylwrk, Khari and 2 others like this.
  15. JohnShade

JohnShade Active Member

put in gating out tames, we can drop them next to balrons or what not
    Khari likes this.
  16. anightmare

anightmare Active Member

i vote no! this is a dumb thread.... and changing taming because you suck at playing the game should not be a reason why..... on the other hand i will be glad to kill you every time i find you, out trying to tame nightmares. what are your toon names please?
  17. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member

jihad joe. You attacked me at wind nightmare spawn. Stepped on the teleporter, got guard whacked and then I killed your mare. You remember, 'member?
    Xavant_BR and One like this.
  18. Ciet

Ciet Member

What is triple box taming? Sorry I am a Little slang illiterate.
    One likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

Box = Computer
    Triple = Times three

Triple box = Three computers (or, just three accounts, on one computer, ideally with three monitors for t4ipL3 l33t status)

Triple box taming = Using three accounts with three characters each of whom has, generally, three Trammel-blessed super-statted pets (two dragons and a nightmare) to rape, pillage, and make tons of mad l00tZ.
  20. Tobias the Brigand

Tobias the Brigand Active Member

Arr! these tamer scallywags don't scare me. Although I be lovin' a blessed runic bow!
    DrFunke and midgetbob like this.