Taming Quest creature locations?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Red_Rover, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share with me where some good areas to find Grizzly Bears and Dire Wolves?

If you would like to share but don't want to post it in the thread, please PM me here or in IRC.

Another question I have....when farming for the Raging Grizzly and Dark Wolf, do I only have to kill Grizzly Bears and Dire Wolves, or will killing all kinds of bears and wolves make it more probable to spawn the needed creature?

Thanks!
    Jason
  2. Animal Control

Animal Control Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

North of the Brit GY was always a good spot for me for both the raging griz and dark wolf.
  3. Athena

Athena Active Member

Only one place I know of in game has a guaranteed grizzly spawn and that's the park in wind, the spawner will always spawn a grizzly there (sadly its only one but you can add it to a rotation for the bears) otherwise your off running around the woods. For Dire wolves Northwest I believe of shame in the woods or north of THB spot 35. There seems to always be about 3-4 dire wolves active in those woods so turn them over enough and you should find a dark wolf.
  4. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Thank you both for sharing!

I'm sure it will help others also. :)
  5. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

Does anyone know the answer to this? I started to get a RunUO server going so I could check this myself, but surely someone (the people that run this server perhaps) already knows this kind of information.

Where is the logic/code for the spawning of these rare animals? Can I get it so I can better understand the system?

Thanks!
    Jason
  6. Animal Control

Animal Control Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

My understanding is the raging grizzly only comes from grizzly bears and dark wolves only come from dire wolves. You can kill 'em or tame 'em - or tame 'em then kill 'em. I've done both. Always seemed to have better luck just killing stuff.
  7. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

8. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

That's what I've been doing. I was able to get 2 raging grizzlies...but I've been killing dire wolves for quite a while, and none have spawned.
  9. illbottleya

illbottleya Member

Then I think luck's just not on your side at the moment.

I've had that happen trying to spawn a boss before, spent weeks farming the same spot and just didn't get one for a long time.