Taming Template - Tracking?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by The Great Zamdal, Jul 1, 2019.

1. The Great Zamdal

The Great Zamdal New Member

Hello everyone, I just started playing on the shard a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it. I played on OSI for a few years around 2000, (on Great Lakes, and a member of the ORT guild). This server has recreated what I enjoyed in UO back in the day. I’ve searched on this topic, but haven’t been able to find an answer. So, I apologize if I missed it.

I am working my tamer toward the following template. I envision a character for PVM and taming dragons and ‘mares.

90/51/84 (51 dex for 4 second vet)

GM
    Animal Lore
    Animal Taming
    Magery
    Meditation
    Music
    Provocation
    Veterinary

I am wondering if it would be worth it to drop meditation to 50 and pickup 50 tracking? I really only plan on using Magery for gates and the occasional spell. I’ve read that tracking doesn’t work well on players, but am wondering if 50 tracking would help find mares and other high-end tames?
  2. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

I made it for a few time.. but... med at 50 is not so nice, specially if you are champing and you need to stable drags to cast blade spirits for example.. or when you need to dump gheal on pets to avoid them get killed... now i gmed med.. maybe in the next tracking event season i put tracking back... 50 of tracking works good but if you could put at least 70... you will be able to track mobs with a good eficiency
  3. The Great Zamdal

Thanks, that is very helpful. Sounds like gm med is the way to go.
  4. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Tracking pairs even better with Detect, so if you really want to make a Tracker, I would suggest having enough for to fit both of these skills on a template.
  5. The Great Zamdal

Thanks Sativa, I think I’ll make another character. Playing a tracker sounds like fun.
  6. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

There you go! Now just add some Hiding, Stealth, Snooping, and Stealing and you'll have a blast!
  7. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hi,

My tracking tamer I use for all events is as follows:

Magery
    Meditation
    Taming
    Animal Lore
    Vet
    Tracking
    Hiding

Using 99/26/100

4.5sec heal and full Mana/HP.

With a lot of the events you may not actually use your pets to fight and instead use blade spirits / EV's the increased Mana helps and then hide while the mobs fight.

Vet for Christmas/fluffies/thanks giving.
    Creager and Paxenon like this.
  8. The Great Zamdal

Thanks Nusir, that sounds like a good build for events. I’ll have to try it out.