Texas Holdem Poker? has this been discussed before? Ideas.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Kronankronterog, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Kronankronterog

Kronankronterog Active Member

Its a simple enough script .
    Can be placed maybe as an ITEM addon from PLAT vendor , would help the plat SINK for private group of players to have fun with , with direct access to bank withdraws
    Or in banks for public use with a minum buy in higher than the PLAT item which would allow just low bids for more 'fun' low buy ins .
    OR way higher high roller bids that would usually EXCEED the max permited in the regular Bank table.
    ebola, Liberation and Xavaan like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I thing a gambling system is in testing right now, actually.
    Kronankronterog likes this.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Vandalin, Bogugh, Andersonius and 2 others like this.
  4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Several players, including myself, tested poker a few years ago and were able to break/bring down server. I think poker has since become a backseat issue compared to other server needs.
    Andersonius likes this.
  5. Kronankronterog

what about Llamas , they come from Peru , how the hell did they end up in Sosaria ?
    I dont see the Abuse , theres a MAX min , you can get into , and yes some SOME people can go nuts and LOOSE a TON of gold in 1h or SOME SOME can make OTHERS poor in 1h and go from 50k to 500k to 1mil in a day . and there 2 days into shard.
    and Zyler a backseat to other Issues , its the Simplest script on earth to add. Not like something that takes tons of discussion like Statloss or Mindblast spell. or you disagree?
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  6. El Horno

Exactly. Who wants to play on a shard where a new player can be filthy rich after a 2 day investment into the shard. Part of what makes this shard unique is that you gotta earn your way here.
    Fullmetal and Tyndall like this.
  7. Kronankronterog

Well id say its not exactly 50k 500k 1mil ,thats VERY hard and near impossible , more likely the newbie looses 25k and backs out , or makes 100k and feels happy and keeps playing and buy a house and regs. And seriously its up to RICH people to actually loose all that money to a newbie , which is very unlikely too. And who is so good at poker , its % chances on cards , and now i can understand 'the exploit' part , sure you can play with buddies vs a couple , but who doesnt know whos with who in this shard already?
  8. Kronankronterog

AND , no one forces anyone to play.
  9. El Horno

new players.

Also unlike the other custom content on this shard, poker has nothing to do with UO. It's release wouldn't have more people playing UO, but the opposite. More people would be playing Texas Hold em, not UO.
    Tyndall likes this.
  10. Kronankronterog

Id beg to differ UO isnt all about crafting , and pking , and rares , or pving , or pvimg , its about getting to know players , and talking in game , and at the poker table you do that a LOT. I can agree with Poker not having to do with original UO , but can't agree with your original point. UO is Players , and also knowing them , and like IRL , its happens over a few cards and laughs.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Like gambling? Live entirely in unguarded zones.

You'll be gambling every day!
    Kane likes this.
  12. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Technically, Chris could put in spaceships, phasers, and space travel into UOR and it would still be accurate to Sosaria. Look up Ultima I :cool:
    wylwrk likes this.
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

And for our gambling brethren and sisteren, Paddy's got that all figured out... keep an eye on the forums! :D
    wylwrk likes this.
  14. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

When I found out I had to save up enough gold to buy a spaceship from the spaceship vendor in ultimate I, I thought someone spiked my YooHoo and Funyuns.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  15. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

As has been said the opportunity for abuse and exploitation is very high with having poker tables. I know people that made literally over 100 mil playing poker and exploiting the system on other servers.

I'd love to have some holdem in UO but the problems it can cause are more than likely just too much.
  16. Kronankronterog

100mil in shard? even that much gold around to throw out , player population is more than carefull enough not to do it , to me Holdem would be a break from farming crafting place game table to relax for a bit , I KNOW a few would get hooked , but most wouldnt and few would go PRO and be running around saying POKER POKER
  17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Would you still want it added if there was no money/items involved?
  18. Kronankronterog

Yes for sure , would defeneatly not be the same , but i would , maybe as an Addon item , for houses , for players to play together at homes .
    Like you could BET with just HONOR bets , internally , within players who know each other , each can put up something they have , winner takes it all. and each participants trusts each other.
  19. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

Yes over 100 mil if not 100's of mils made playing poker exploiting the system on another server. Now these were high stakes tables generally more than likely that they were playing and also keep in mind it was a server that you can buy gold via IRL money in a pay store so economically it was a different landscape. Nonetheless 100mil + made by cheating and would be really and truly quite hard to make it impossible not to exploit the system.
  20. Kronankronterog

Thats that server not this server , very different game play.
    El Horno likes this.