Thank you, Telamon

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kirby, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I saw a picture just now that Chris put up of his irc window on his computer and it shocked me. I mean, I know he's got a lot of people pming him but OMFG that is just so much more than I could have imagined.

It made me realize how much time and effort he puts into this server. I've heard he's got a good job irl that keeps him very busy and for him to come here night after night and help keep this server up and running well makes me have so much respect for him.

Since I came to this server a few months ago, it has become such an addiction for me. I love this game and this server, and Chris has put so much into it, both time and money, that he deserves more praise than we could ever give him.

Thank you so much for the patience and perserverance you display by keeping this server up and maintaining it. Thank you for giving us a great place to play an aging, yet wonderful, game.

Thank you Telamon for everything you do for us and I hope you realize how much your players appreciate you.
  2. axejunkie

axejunkie Member

yep thanks for your time boss
    Kirby likes this.
  3. Bayara

Bayara Well-Known Member

I saw the same screen Kirby did and my eyes nearly popped out of my head.
    massive respect @Chris
    PaddyOBrien, Kirby and Gutscrank like this.
  4. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I just wonder how much of that could have been answered by players or other staff... Id hate to bog him down with stuff that could be answered by someone else, hes a busy man!
    Lord Krake, Kirby and Bayara like this.
  5. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Good thread master Kirby!

@PaddyOBrien, I wonder that too! Unless Chris enjoys it terribly much and finds meaning in life in it, he should have a policy not to answer PMs or something. @Chris, hear my advice of wisdom!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

@PaddyOBrien This is why the Help Page system exists for in-game issues. If you guys are having a problem with anything related to something in game, it's best to page for help so it will be seen by Counselors or other staff members. If you shoot Telamon an IRC PM, then he has to be the one to answer. The Counselor program is here to lighten the load put on the full time staff members. I know we don't see the Counselors much, but they're there, in all their blue-robed glory.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  7. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I like that he's available and approachable, but at the same time I cringe at all the BS he has to deal with regarding flare ups in irc and the forums, when it takes him away from stuff he is working on like coding for the patches and such. It's like if the CEO of Walmart had constantly take time out to personally deal with a rogue employee in a store across the country who took a dump in the breakroom or something :p
    Kirby likes this.
  8. Vishakt

Vishakt Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I was just thinking, damn, why don't I have anything to say to him? Seems every one else does.

That was one scary looking screenshot.
    Kirby likes this.
  9. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Our GM, who art in Green Acres
    Telamon be thy name
    thy server come
    thy patch be done
    on Live as it is on Test

Give us this month our monthly plat
    and forgive us our irc pms as we forgive those who pm us incessantly
    and lead us not into video game addiction
    but deliver us from boredom

For thine is the Server, and the Mobiles, and the Players, forever and ever

AMEN
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Green Light, Bayara and Jakob like this.
  10. TheDankNugget

TheDankNugget Well-Known Member

Truley Telamon you one of my heros. I remember a time befor I found this server, having gotten tired of every same old, money grab, no original thought, hello kitty, mmo, saying "man nothing comparies to those good old UO days, I wish I could find a good classic UO server" and then I found UO R, and I knew I wasn't alone anymore. I have felt complete ever since! And it was even better then I could have hope! All the work you do Telamon to keep up the events and bods, and don't even get me started on the websites excellence. I think Telamon should just get paid to make functional websites for other games. It's so easy for all of us to communicate in game, or out of game, and to find guides and info on events a such. I don't think u could do it any better. I could ramble on for days but I must get back to work :(morale of the story is, I can't thank you Telamon and staff enough for running this show. (I don't even have time to spell check this so I hope it's a coherent thought :D)
    Green Light, Kirby and Xegugg like this.