That's a load of bull! 71.1 Taming Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Roguish, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Roguish

Roguish Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Let me start by saying this is not a comprehensive taming guide. There is a very good one at

http://uorforum.com/threads/fast-track-guide-to-taming.2165/

This guide covers an area other than Jhelom to train taming by taming bulls and great harts
    at 71.1 (shown) taming. This is Delucia, to get there either run through the passage or use a rune
    library. You can reach one rune library from the Trinsic Moongate.

*It is very handy to have a character with gm hiding/herding to help collect animals for your tamer.*

Areas 1 and 2 are the spawn points for great harts and bulls that this guide will focus on.

BullAreas.jpg

For spawn 1 you can park your tamer in the open field and lure animals using the
    herding character. Below is the macro for your tamer to run, it's a modified version
    of the macro for bulls and great harts used in the Fast track guide.

!Loop
    Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|35
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|1
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|232
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.6000000
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|233
    Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|234

For spawn area 2, use your herder to bring animals to the north side of the Gate (line 3)
    then bring your tamer out to them.

*You can also set up a macro for your herder that will target bulls and great harts
    and then target you*

BullAreas2.jpg

To create respawns, you tame the creatures in area 1, rename them,
    and release them at point 4. (The purpose of this is to keep them on the north side of
    the Gate, once they are released. If they do not wander back to their original spawn,
    they will begin to respawn)

For animals that spawned in area 2, release them at point 5 after renaming.

The point of renaming is to help other tamers keep track of retames. Retames
    help you continue to gain as you level up you taming.

BullAreas3.jpg

If you follow this method of taming and releasing animals, you will have a constant
    supply of fresh tames. Also there will be a good chance for you to find retames if there
    are other tamers around.

Attached Files:

Basoosh, Scynin and Laretheo like this.
  2. Valmour

Valmour Well-Known Member

I will vouch that this does work. A few days ago, I was looking for something to kill my tamed bulls from area 2, just like the Jhelom bulls method, but was unable to find anything. I just released the bulls in town and when I went back to area 2 all the bulls had respawned.

I tried it again and again and before I knew it I had over 100 bulls and great harts inside the town gates. I then tried the bulls inside of town and released them outside of town limits. This also seemed to work wonderfully. ;)

I think that by bringing the bulls that are in town limits and releasing them outside of Delucia guard zone and then bringing the bulls outside of town limits into Delucia guard zone; it seems to trick the system into thinking that the bulls need to respawn. I had literally well over a 200 bulls and great harts inside of Delucia by the time I was done. I started to show other people to help them out with retames.

This method actually takes a person actively taming and bringing the bulls to set areas, but the potential skill gains for a group of tamers retaming will be amazing. This method will and should help all tamers in UOR obtain GM status fast.

Thank you Roguish for the guide, I was planning on doing it soon, but you did a fabulous job!!!
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Hawkeye, Scynin and Laretheo like this.
  3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

Hell hounds FTW

But, very nice guide sir!
    Roguish likes this.
  4. Scynin

Scynin Active Member
    UO:R Donor

This actually does work really well. It should be noted that the bulls will respawn regardless of whether you change the guard zone that they're in or not, but I've seen method in action and it seems to increase the respawn rate.
    Roguish likes this.
  5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Good info, adding to the Taming section of Gideon's guide'o'links.
    Roguish likes this.
  6. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

How long can one expect this to take, considering if they did everything manually and attended, with the help of no other toons to herd etc...?
  7. Roguish

Roguish Active Member

With a macro and a bull you can gm herding in under an hour. You can use this method without a herding character but it will be significantly slower.
    Scynin likes this.
  8. Scynin

Scynin Active Member

Are you using the same method that's listed in this post? If not, i'd love to hear how you're GMing that fast, as i have atleast 1 alt that would take advantage of this.
  9. Roguish

Roguish Active Member

For herding? It's zero delay skill. If you start a new character with 50 skill, you can start working on bulls right away and they will take you to gm. Just trap one in a stall at a stable somewhere and herd on it.
  10. Scynin

Scynin Active Member

ahh, i thought you were talking about taming.